Part 26

Cheryl's POV

Ian stayed with me for the night. I don't know what came over him but ever since the paper thing he suddenly became silent. When we had dinner a while ago, he seemed to be in deep thoughts.

We were in my room and on my bed with the TV on but no one is even watching it.

"What are you thinking about?" He suddenly asked me, his voice as soft as velvet. I was laying my head on his chest. It's way better than a pillow. I looked up to meet his steel blue eyes. I'm so amused by those eyes when you look from afar it actually looks brown.

"I was thinking about what you could be thinking about." I said honestly.

"Yeah?" He raised his brows. "I was thinking about what you could be thinking about too."

"Well... you weren't in the mood to talk a while ago..." I said.

"I was... I was just..." He paused for a moment, brushing his hand through his deep brown hair. "I guess I'm just worried I'd say the wrong things."

"About what?"

"Uhmm... I don't think you'd like to talk about it."

"Are you worried that I'd... you know." My voice trailed.

He looked at me. And I just knew that I was right. He was thinking about my "dark ages." I sat up and held his face to mine.

"I'm never going to be like that again. I promise." I kissed him softly. His warm lips felt so good on mine. My thoughts drifted back to that night. Ugghh... now I'm just so tempted. Get a grip, Cheryl. I thought to myself.

"Yeah... but just so you know I'm never going to leave your side." He smiled gently.

I smiled at him. I wrapped my hands around his neck. "Do you know I can't be without you now? So... you really don't have a choice." I giggled.

"Cheryl, you've really fallen deeply in love with me." He said, our noses almost touching and I felt his breath on my face.

I nodded my head like crazy, unable to speak because of the electricity surging through my veins. I came back to my senses again. "Now, please come with me at the judge's house. I'm going to die if I can't see you." I pouted.

"Chez... you know I can't do that. I already have so many things to catch up to at work." He pouted back.

But, I am a selfish and stubborn girlfriend.

"You're the boss, right? You can do your work anywhere. Please Ian. Come with me..." This time I used my puppy dog face which he can't resist.

"Cheryl..." He paused. Ha! Now he's having second thoughts... Then, it became a staring game for us. Wrong challenge boy. I'm good at this. I can stare at you forever. Actually, I love staring at him. He's just so freaking hot and gorgeous. After a while, I unintentionally licked my lips which resulted to a good thing. Well, yeah... mannerisms. He broke eye contact and looked at my lips.

"Okay, you lose. You're coming with me." I squeezed his arm.

"Hey, that's unfair!" He whined. "You know I can't resist looking at those..." His eyes stared at my lips again. "luscious lips you have."

"Not my fault." I glared at him.

He thought for a second.

"Okay... I'll make a deal with you. I won't see you for the next two days and I'll just meet you at the house." He patted my thighs.

I thought for a while... Well, I guess two days is better than not seeing him for who knows how many days we'd be shooting...

"And... I won't stay there. I'll just be around the neighborhood." He said.

"What?!" I said. "Why?"

"I don't want to distract you." He winked.

"Well... yeah." I just said after realizing that exposing him with the media is something I don't want to do. The only people who know about us are family and close friends. I'd like to keep it that way as much as I can. "Just sneak in. I'll just call you when I'm available."

"Haha... I'm going to be like a ninja. I like it." He chuckled. "It's a deal then?" He had his hand out.

I nodded and shook his hand.

"Ian...what if they knew already about us?" I asked suddenly.

"I don't know... how do you feel about it?"

"I'm just worried about you. I'm already used to it."

"Oh... well, you don't have to worry about me. I can handle it for you... for us." He said.

"Okay..." I put my head back on his chest. He had his arms around me. I just feel so secured and I sleep better with him around. I remember some nights when I'd catch him watching me and whispering lovely words in my ear, thinking that I'm already asleep. He even hums a tune sometimes.

I felt his hand hand lightly trace my arm, back and forth in a steady rhythm. He kissed the top of my head. Soon, I fell asleep.