Part 32

Ian's POV

It's been nearly a week and I haven't seen Chez yet. I really miss her... I unlocked my phone and texted her even though it was just 6 in the morning. At least that's the first thing she'll see when she wakes up...

Good morning baby! I miss you sooo much. Call me when you're awake okay? Iloveyou. See what I did there? No spaces for lies. =) Take care of yourself now...

I packed all of my stuff and made a quick run to the office to drop some things off. Not too soon, my phone rang. I immediately got it from my pocket, expecting that It would be Cheryl... but it wasn't.

"Hey Dianne..." I answered. She just left for America last night.

"Hi! I just got home." She said.

"That's great. I'm glad you made it safe." I smiled. I walked out to the parking lot to get my car.

"Thanks. I just read the papers. You gotta watch out for your girlfriend though, she's getting bombarded by the press again because of the Gamu girl... That could get into her head." She gave me a heads up.

"Really? I haven't watched it yet. Or read anything about it. When did this start to circulate?"

"Late last night. It's probably going to blow this morning." She sighed.

"Oh...Thanks for letting me know. I actually plan to see her today with Fortis." I said.

"Yeah... that should cheer her up or something.." She said. "Anyway... I'm going to the office now. I'll see you again when I see you."

"Yup. Take care. And good luck with everything. Bye." I opened my car door and started the engine.

"Bye.Take care too." She hang up.

I'm really lucky to have a friend like her. She's always on the look out to warn me and stuff.

When I was at Cheryl's house, Paul immediately appeared out of nowhere. And yes... he was baby sitting Fortis again.

"Wow... you two must really get along now." I said as both of them walked towards me.

"Yeah... I've taught him tricks while you were gone." Paul beamed. That was rare...

"Yeah? What tricks? Roll over and fetch?" I smiled while I patted Fortis' head. Aww... he's so big now. How fast they grow!

"Uhh... a little more advanced than that." He said while he rubbed the back of his neck. Something fishy is going on here...

"Really? Like what?" I asked.

Paul stood straight and shouted. "Take down!" Then Fortis barked loudly and went sprinting after me. I freaked out and ran. Mad dog. Mad dog. Help!!! Fortis bit my pants' sleeve and I tripped. Then, he pinned me down. I was trying to cover my everything with my hands as if I could shield myself from his bite. But, that never came. My racing heart slowed down. When I opened my eyes, Paul was smirking at me.

"You are crazy Paul!" I shouted at him.

I felt Fortis' warm tongue lick my face. Then, he stood up and left me on the concrete. Paul laughed. "I didn't teach him to kill. Don't worry."

I smiled. "Well, I guess that's useful to scare people. What else?"

"Err... detecting bombs, hand shake, fetch, play dead. I think that's it." Paul shrugged.

"Wow... maybe I can replace you with Fortis now." I joked around, trying to get some revenge.Haha.

Paul's eyes widened. "But sir..."