Part 42

Ian's POV

"Really?" I asked Cheryl in disbelief. "Seriously, you should try it." I said as I tried to feed her some fish.

"Noooo..." She said stubbornly, crossing her arms.

"This is like the 3rd time you'd be eating grilled chicken." I said to her as I returned my fork back on my plate.

"It's my favorite now." She stuck her tongue out at me.

"Tssss... No, it's not." I said. "What's the matter with fish?"

"You know! You watched me on apprentice all the time!!!" She laughed lightly.

Yeah... those were the times that I acted like a full-time stalker. I didn't miss any episode of that show because I always wanted to know what she was up to. I remember one time when they were preparing some fish. She was really grossed out by it. The look on her face is still crystal clear in my mind. Probably, a lot of people would have been annoyed at her because she wasn't helping her team at all during those times but I...I find it too cute. Oh! I remember her wearing glasses around the earlier episodes of that show. Heehee!

"What are you smiling about?" Chez asked me.

"Nothing. Just remembered something." I said. We continued to eat.

After lunch, we rested at our room for a while. The heat is so unbearable. The best time for swimming would be around 4 or 5 pm when the sun isn't as intense as it is right now. After brushing my teeth, I slumped on the bed and covered my eyes with my arm. I sighed.

"It's freaking hot!!" Cheryl exclaimed as she got out of the washroom. She found the remote for the AC and adjusted it to a lower degree.

"I know right." It's like I've been exhausted by heat alone.

Cheryl lied beside me and hugged me.

"Ugh...It's too hot." I rolled on my back such that her warm arms aren't around me anymore.

She punched my back. "Oi... would you like to sleep alone tonight?" She said, pretending to be angry.

I turned to face her.

"No...I don't." I cuddled with her. "Sorry." I looked at her in the eyes then kissed her forehead.

"Hmm...That's more like it." She smiled at me, showing me those cute dimples. Awww! I think my heart just melted. She's so cute and beautiful at the same time.

"Sometimes I'm confused." I muttered.

"About what?" She asked.

"You know... if you had to choose between beautiful and cute, which one are you?"

"Are you kidding me? I'm definitely both!!! At least, in your point of view. Am I right?" She laughed and pressed her head on my chest.

I laughed along with her. "Yeah.You're right." I stroked her hair.

"So, that's it. You don't have to look at other women anymore." She poked my nose.

"Oh. You know I only got my eyes on you, baby." I smiled at her.

"Great! Let's get married." She said.

"S-Seriously? Like right now?" I was too surprised that I even stuttered. That got me all excited.

"Not right now...someday." She said. "No pressure." She patted my chest and gave me that dimpled smile again that makes me feel strange but wonderful things inside me. I was silent for a little while, stuck in my thoughts. I waited for my racing heart to slow down.