Part 45

Cheryl's POV

As planned, I waited for Ian at his house-not the one near his office. He had given me his keys to his mansion. I really haven't gotten around the place before. It was always his room that I ended up into. Oops, that didn't sound good. I mean, remember that rotating car elevator thing that led straight to his room? That's what I was talking about.

I slowly walked around. The house is really modern and spacious, and it has some light atmosphere into it. I kinda like it. I didn't really like houses with too many doors. That kind of house used to be my house. I thought of that big mansion I used to live in with Ashley. I really don't know why we bought such a huge one. It makes you feel even more miserable when you're alone. I wonder how Ashley is doing... I sat down the couch and just sweeped my eyes across the room, appreciating the interior design.

Well, he must be doing fine, I thought. I realized those memories don't pain me anymore. Those memories that used to cut my heart when I picture them in my mind seemed like they were from a thousand years ago, it doesn't affect me anymore. So...this is what it's like to have really moved on. I used to say to myself that I'm over Ashley a few months after our separation. But, I guess it's not true. I was only pretending to be. I was so afraid of the pain- how my young heart just shattered into pieces. I used to think then that if I say to myself that I'm over with it again and again, someday I would be convinced that it is true.

Then, I found Ian. Well, at first, I knew to myself I was kinda damaged. I was very much afraid of loving again that for a moment, I thought I didn't want to even try again. But, he has been there for me from the beginning and I know he understands where I'm coming from. That gave me courage to give myself another chance at love again. If it was another person, I don't know if I would have even opened up. You just can't imagine how grateful I am for having Ian in my life. He was the one who picked up the broken pieces and put it back together again like my heart didn't even break at all.

"Having some deep thoughts?" I heard Ian closing the front door behind him. He finally arrived...

"Yeah." I stood up and smiled at him. He smiled back with tired eyes. He must be really exhausted...

"Really? What were you thinking about then?" He walked up to me and put his hands around my waist.

"You, actually." I grinned.

"Aww... I hope it's something good." He said.

"It is." I hugged him. "Want to rest for a bit?"

"So, I look that worse?" He asked. He rubbed the back of his neck.

"I didn't say anything, babe. You just look tired." I said while I pulled him down to sit with me.

"I don't want to fall asleep." He said.

"Why not?" I asked him.

"Cuz I'd miss you babe, and I don't wanna miss a thing." He grinned. I thought about what he just said.... It's sweet and all but it sure does sound familiar. I looked at his grin again. Yeah, I must be missing something. Then, I got it. Well, that took me too long!

"Aerosmith?" I raised a brow at him.

He nodded then yawned.

"Seriously Ian, you should take a nap." I said. He shook his head.

"It's almost twelve." He said and leaned his head on my shoulder. Well, he smells nice. I smiled to myself. This is the first time he laid his head on my shoulder. It's always me on him. I brushed his hair with my hand, it is more of a habit now, I guess.

"At least rest your eyes for a minute then, I'll tell you if it's exactly twelve." I said. I'm just worried about him... I think he's not getting enough sleep these days.