Part Three

Cheryl's POV

I wonder why he has suddenly left. I didn't know who was at the door. I kept seeing his face in my mind when he turned to see who it was that came to my room. There was shock, anger and something else that shown in his face.

I stared at the door. Why hasn't he come back? Ugghh... It couldn't be that something happened to him. I haven't even gotten to say 'thank you' for what he did for me.

I replayed that scene in my head. I cringed at the thought of needles. I was just so sick that I need to get blood transfusion. Now his blood is running through my veins.

Ian has always been a good friend. Like Kim, he was there to watch out for me. He isn't the kind to tolerate the mistakes of his friend rather he would correct them but that doesn't mean that he will not stand by you. That's why I see him as Mr. Perfect, an alien from outer space.

I heard the door click and I turned my head to the side to see who it was, half expecting that it would be Ian.

"Cheryl..." Kim walked and sat by me.

"Hey Kimba! Where have you been? I missed you." I smiled at her.

"Sorry, I had to go for a little while babe."

I looked at her and I knew she was hiding something from me.

"Kimba... what's wrong?" I asked.

"It's nothing. " She smiled slightly.

"No , I know it is not nothing. What happened?" I asked. I'm beginning to worry.

"You'll know soon enough." She sighed.

Why is she hiding it from me? Is it because I'm currently vulnerable that she doesn't want to make me worry about other stuff?

"Just tell me..." I pleaded.

"Alright... your ahole ex-husband came here a while ago. Ian thought you were not ready to see him. So, he took him outside. Ashley was drunk and they fought."

It took me a while to process everything that she had said.

"Where are they now?" I hope Ian is alright. I've seen drunk Ash fight and it's frightening. That only reminded me of how Ash treated me whenever he'd go home late...

"You are drunk again?! When are you going to stop this. This is not like you..." I shouted at Ashley as he came home late again, stinking of alcohol.

"Just shut up! Mind your own business." His hands pushed me and I bumped my head on the wall.

"You are my business... We're married!" Then a most unexpected reaction came from him.

He laughed at me. I felt his heavy hands on my waist.

"Yes... princess. We are. But you don't get to tell the King what to do." If the gravity of the situation hasn't been this heavy, I would have laughed at what he just said. Before I could say something... he kissed me hungrily. I felt his hands move to my back and down to my ass as I was crushed against him and the wall.

"Stop!" I struggled to push him back. But I was small and I only angered him even more.

I was pushed to the ground and he ripped my clothes off of me. There was a lump in my throat and tears fell from my eyes.

I tried to get him off me. All I could do is spit on his face. For a moment, he stopped to wipe his face. I immediately ran to the door not caring if I go out in my underwear but he was fast and I was pushed to the ground again.

I cried when I felt him enter me.

The experience was beyond painful. And that didn't only happen once. Kim knew about that and she was mad as hell at Ashley. She even questioned me why I still bear with him.

"Hello... are you listening to me?" Kim waved her hand in front of me.

"Err... sorry. What did you just say?" I snapped out from my flashback.

"Ian said he's fine but he will not be able to see you for a few days." She said.

"And Ash?" I was just curious. I still cared for him but the damage has been done.

"Why do you even bother to ask about him?" Kim crossed her arms.

I pouted.

"He's being taken care of in another room, in another hospital wing." She said.

So that means, Ian beat him. Hmm..

It's as though Kim read my mind.

"They're both hurt badly but Ian said he doesn't need to be in the hospital. Well, you know him. He never liked hospitals." She shrugged.

"Anyways, the doctor said you could be out by the day after tomorrow." She smiled. "Oh and yeah... Ian wanted me to give this to you..."

She lifted a dark blue jacket with a wolverine print on it. It's like it's from his high school days. I smiled at his thoughtfulness.

"He says it's his lucky jacket." Kimba placed the jacket over me. It smelled like lavender. Hmm... it must be his fabric softener or something. "You know how Wolverine has this super healing thing? He said he wishes you'd recover fast too."

"Say thanks for me?" I asked Kim.

"Yeah... I'll call him now." She smiled.

Ian's POV

Aarghh... I don't know what to do with Ash. He doesn't think with reason anymore. I remembered when Kim accidentally told me about how he had mistreated Cheryl. I technically squeezed the information from her. The first time I heard about it, I was so shocked. I never knew that Ash was capable of doing that. I was so mad at him.

I sat by the edge of the rooftop seeing the whole London view. Even my special place can't calm me down.

My phone suddenly rang and it was Kim. I declined the call out of my pathetic mood. I sighed.

I think that Ash is going through some things. He isn't like himself. I knew that there was something wrong with him and I have to help him. But, he is stubborn and all he ever wants from me is to help him get Cheryl back. I know to myself that I won't agree to that. Absolutely not. He has screwed up plenty of times that it is impossible to fix.

I paced back and forth while Fortis watched me with his pinkish tongue out. I squatted in front of him and patted his head.

"Hey buddy, you're going to have to wait for mommy a little while longer."