Part 48

Ian's POV

"How was your meeting?" Chezza asked me with that silly grin on her face. I wore a scarf the whole time in my meeting to cover her huge, obvious kiss mark on my neck. I was left sweating around my neck since the place isn't even cold.

"Sweaty and hot." I joked. Cheryl laughed. I still can't get enough of that laugh. It just shoots through my heart and makes me feel like a freaking teenager all over again. She noticed that I was staring.

"You are so beautiful." I let my mind speak.

She blushed at my words. I thought she would have gotten used to all the compliments already. She's so cute!

"Erm... so d'you wanna go somewhere?" I asked her.

"I just wanna rest back at the hotel for a bit. All this travelling is really draining." She said. I looked at her for a while, well...she does look really tired. I squatted in front of her.

"Come on, get on my back." I said.

"It's okay. You're already forgiven, you don't need to do this." She said.

"I'm doing this because I want to." I said. "Come on, Chezza."

"Okay..." She giggled as she climbed onto my back. She nuzzled her head against the crook of my neck.

"You're so light that I think I can carry you all the way back to the hotel. On foot." I said.

"Really? Prove it." She challenged.

"Alright. I better start walking then." I smiled at her.

...

I've been walking for about half an hour already. Chez was already asleep and she felt a little heavier on my back. I walked into the hotel and saw Dianne by the lobby. I ignored her and went straight to the elevator. Just when the elevator was about to close, someone's arm got in the way and the doors opened again. I looked up and saw her. I kept a blank face.

"Ian, can I talk to you?" She asked me. I didn't look at her.

I kept calm. "Okay, I was going to anyway."

"I'm really sorry about what happened." She said.

"You should be saying that to Cheryl not me." I said.

"Yeah, I'm going to apologize to her too when she wakes up." She said glancing at Chezza, who is sleeping so soundly on my back.

The elevator doors opened and I reluctantly let her in the room. I laid Chezza on the bed and covered her with a blanket. I faced Dianne, crossing my arms across my chest.

"I didn't like what you did." I said. "I was pretty surprised that you of all people could say those words to her."

"I wasn't thinking straight." She said.

"So that means you would take back your words?" I asked.

"If I could, I would." She said.

"Great. Then you better find someone else to say that you're in love with them." I said.

She looked shocked for a moment. "Sh-She told you?"

"Of course she would. She's my girlfriend." I emphasized.

"I-I... Look, I'm trying to move on. Really. I'm doing my best to keep my distance. I just wasn't myself when I was talking to her. I don't want to ruin your relationship or anything." She said. I looked at her and she looked so vulnerable that it's getting hard for me to say to her that I don't wanna see her again.