Part 43

Ian's POV

"You should take that call." I said to Cheryl as I pulled away from her.

"That's okay." She continued to kiss me.

"It might be important." I said.

Cheryl pouted for a second. "Okay, fine." She got her buzzing phone and brought it to her ears.

"Hello..." Cheryl lazily answered. After a minute, her body stiffened. She glanced at me but looked away immediately. Even though I only saw her face for a brief second, I knew that something was wrong. She stood up and walked towards the window, keeping her voice inaudible. I looked at her puzzled.

I sat on the bed uncomfortably while I watched her. She was covering her face with her other hand but by the way she was breathing, I think she's crying. Realizing this, I felt the instant need to go to her and comfort her. But I stopped myself. She wouldn't walk away from me without a reason. Maybe she didn't want me know. So, all I could do is wait.

She finally turned off her phone. She stood for a while. I saw her wipe her face.

"I'm just gonna go shower, okay?" She said to me without even looking at me. I worried about her so much. What made her like this?

"Are you okay?" I asked before she went in the washroom.

"Yeah." She lied.

I immediately called Kimberley after she disappeared into the doorway.

"Hi Kimmy..." I greeted.

"Hi Ian! Oh my gosh...How are you two? Bet you had a lot of fun." She said cheerfully. From her tone, I think she's not the one who called Chez a while ago. But, I was hoping she would know something...

"Yeah...Kim...I think I have a problem." I said.

The other end went silent for a while.

"Are you okay? What happened?" She said with concern.

"I'm okay. But...Uhmm...Do you know someone who is not in good terms with Cheryl?" I asked.

"No...I don't know. Ian. Where's Cheryl?" She asked.

"In the shower. Look, I don't know what to do. She cried a while ago before she got in."

"And my guess is... She's avoiding you, right now?"

"Yeah."

"Chezza..." Kim sighed. "Can you go check her after this? She's just pretending to be strong. That's what she usually does. But, I know deep inside she wants someone beside her right now."

"How could I do that? She's in the shower." I said.

"Hmm... You know what? I bet she hasn't even taken her clothes off." Kim said.

"I'm really worried..."

"I'll try to find out something about this. But, I can't promise you anything..." Kim said, trying to be of some help.

"Okay... Thanks." I said.

"Ian... I gotta go. Take care of Chez, okay?"

"Of course, bye Kim." I hanged up.

I breathed in deeply before I knocked the door to the washroom. No response.

I turned the knob and slowly let myself in. My heart broke into pieces when I saw Cheryl slumped on the shower floor in her soaked clothes, crying.

"Cheryl..." I immediately slid the glass door and turned off the shower. I squatted beside her and took her in my arms. She tried to stop her crying as she pressed her head to my shoulder.

Teddy Bear - Cheryl FanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara