Part Fourteen

Cheryl's POV

I saw Ian right after I've said all I wanted to Ashley. For a second, I couldn't believe that he's standing just a few feet away from me. I didn't expect him to be here. He walked away from me sad and broken. My heart sank and I just thought of how he saw this. He must have misunderstood this, thinking that I'm having a date with Ash. I immediately said goodbye to Ash, who didn't seem to be so heartbroken by what I said, by the way.

The rain has just started to come down and I can only see... well, I barely see anything actually.

I thought I saw his shadow and I ran after him.

"Oh shit..." I swore when my heel broke, making me fall to the ground. That really hurt. Nice Cheryl, why didn't I just wear freaking sneakers.

I held my arm and felt scratches on it.

"Are you okay?" I heard a familiar voice whose face is suddenly so close to mine.

"Yes...Ian, what you-"

"It's fine." He just said briefly and helped me get up. Uhh... he doesn't understand. Just when I attempt to explain it again, he cuts me off.

"Ian..."

"I'll bring you home." He said. The way he spoke was different like frighteningly different. He used to be always cheerful but I can just hear the sadness in his voice. He wouldn't even give me a chance to speak too so I did the one thing I could to convince him that he thought wrong.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.

Ian's POV

I was brutally, mentally torturing myself all the while, when I came back to help her. Another side of me wanted to run away, not caring about anything else. But, I couldn't get myself to do that, at least not when she is hurt.

"I'll bring you home." I said. And the bitter part of my head says 'why don't you let her husband bring her home?'

I avoided her eyes, not really knowing what to do. The next thing I knew, she's kissing me. I was shocked and confused that I took the time to pull back and look at her if this is all real.

"I had dinner with him to tell him that he's never going to get me back. We're done." She explained.

It took me a couple seconds to process what she just said. I can't help but feel happiness building inside me.

I kissed her again, giving it my all this time now that things were clear. Everything got so heated up. My tongue entered her mouth and my body burned with desire as I heard her moan. I pressed my body against hers like we couldn't get any closer. Everytime I feel her skin against mine, my whole being just quivers. She held back for a while, catching her breath. I gazed into her eyes. We were both smiling at each other like fools.

Then, I felt something on her arm.

I lifted it up to take a close look at it. She had long scratches along her right arm. I lightly kissed her arm where the scratches were not so deep.

"We better take care of that one." I said. The rain has stopped and we were left dripping wet in the middle of the sidewalk.

"Come on, I'll carry you to the car."

"You don't have to do that." She shook her head but there was still that dimpled smile on her face which I absolutely love.

I raised a brow at her. "Well, I won't let you walk with that." I pointed at her ruined shoe.

"Fine. I'm heavy just warning you." She giggled.

"I'm sure it's nothing I can't handle." I grinned. I turned around and she climbed my back. I started to walk to the car.

"Be careful where your hands are." She whispered in my ear.

"Don't worry. You'll be begging me to touch you any time soon." I said dirtily.

"Hmm... let's see about that. Maybe, you'd be the one who'd be begging."

"Oh really? I don't think anyone has made me beg before."

"Yeah? Well, you will." She kissed my neck then up to my cheeks, sending jolts of electricity down my spine in a ticklish kind of way.

"Where did this side of you come from?" I asked.

"I don't know... I just want you to be mine." She said.

I smiled to myself.

I am already yours. I thought. I've always been.