Part 50

Cheryl's POV

I removed my glasses once I sat in the visitor's room. The place was a mess. What d'you expect? Andrew sat across from me wearing a huge black-eye.

"You don't always have to come visit, you know?" He said grumpily.

I sighed. "We may have different fathers but you're still my brother."

He leaned on the chair, crossing his arms.

"I don't need you to help me." He said stubbornly. "I can't change."

I suddenly slammed my hand on the table.

"How can you? You haven't even tried!" I surprised everyone in the room even myself at my outburst. People turned their heads toward us and I tried to calm myself. The guards walked closer.

"I don't need this right now. Just fuckin' go, Cheryl!" He said, filled with anger. I felt that pain again but it's not as sharp as before. I guess I was already expecting that from him. He didn't even ask how I am like he used to. He just went straight to telling me off.

"Fine. Screw your life you stupid prick." I fought the tears threatening to fall from my eyes as I said those words. "I'm giving up on you."

"You should've done that sooner." He said back. I walked out before he could even see me cry. I didn't want to say that to him. I didn't mean to give up on him. But, when he said I should've done it sooner... It just hurts me a lot. I tried to keep my sobbing down but I can't. I'm having trouble breathing. I ran down the road until I could get a taxi. I wore my huge sunglasses again to hide my eyes. I went straight home to my mam's.

I knocked on my mam's door. Is she out? Nobody's answering the freaking door.

"Mam! It's me." I shouted, not caring if the whole neighbourhood heard me.

Still, no answer. I sat against the door. I feel so exhausted. So sick. I got my phone and called my mam.

"Hi Cheryl." My mam answered.

"Where are you? Why is nobody home?" I asked immediately.

"I'm at your aunt's. Are you here?" My mam asked.

"I am..." I said.

"Oh! Why didn't you call? Give me a few minutes, I'll be right there." She said and hanged up.

I tugged at my jacket, trying to cover all of my hands. It's freaking cold out here. I rubbed my hands together. I started to feel my nose getting cloggy.

My mam took twenty minutes to get here. I was already shaking in the cold by the time she came.

"Come on get inside...quickly." She said after a warm hug and Coco getting squeezed in between us.

"Aww... I missed you sweetie." I kissed Coco's nose.

"I'll make some tea." My mam said.

Two other dogs came into the room. Buster was following Fortis and smelling his behind.

"Buster! You really are gay." I laughed as Buster tried to hump Fortis. Fortis barked loudly and bared his teeth at him. Buster bolted away.

"Come here, baby." I whistled. Fortis padded towards me his pink tongue hanging out of his mouth. I grabbed his big chocolate brown head and kissed him on top of his head.

"Well, my mam has been taking care of you well." I said to him. He barked softly like he just made a reply to me. "Oh, you intelligent boy!" I rubbed his back. "You take after your daddy, don't you?" Uhh... Now, thinking about it. I miss him. He was just with me this morning...