Part 30

Cheryl's POV

"I thought you said you're busy today..." I said while I avoided his eyes. My arms were around me as if I could fight the cold sea breeze this way.

"Yeah... I was just taking a break." He said. I sensed the nervousness in his voice. Then, I saw his hand rub the back of his neck and I just knew he was lying. That's his thing.

"Well... if you wouldn't say the truth, I'll just head back now. Thanks for wasting my time." I said coldly.

I just can't forget the image of him and Dianne getting all cuddly at the beach. I turned my back on him. I was expecting that he would stop me but he just stood there. I fought the temptation to look behind me. My hands stayed on the door of my car, I felt my heart crumbling into pieces. I peeked at him and he just looked terrible like something is really bothering him. I very much wanted to know what's going on with him but he doesn't look like he would even try to explain anything to me.

I was just about to open my car door when I heard his voice...

"Cheryl..." I barely heard him.

"What?" I turned to face him, crossing my arms again.

"We need to talk." He said. My heart pounded and suddenly I felt butterflies in my stomach. I've heard that phrase before and it only led to... shit! Is he going to break up with me? He started acting weird ever since that girl showed up. I was frozen. I can't.... He can't... I breathed in deeply, preparing for the big blow.

"Are you going to break up with me?" I asked, pain filling my chest.

"What?" He looked surprised. "No... hell no." He held my hands and looked straight into my eyes...

I relaxed a little but there was still a little bit of anger in me. 'Just listen to what he has to say...' I thought.

"Remember our first date?" He asked.

"Yeah... of course." I said. Who could ever forget that, right?

"When you asked about how my childhood was, I wasn't totally, completely honest with you..." I looked at his eyes and I could see pain in them. He is hurting but I don't know why..And that hurts for me too-to see the person you love suffering and yet you can't do anything about it because you know nothing.

"I don't really want you to know about this..." His voice trailed... I started to worry. He really doesn't look okay. My anger vanished and I was just so concerned about him. I put one hand on his cheek. It's really cold out here. I'm shivering.

"Ian... let's talk about this at the house. It's cold here. You might get sick." I said as I squeezed his hand to let him know that I'm not avoiding this conversation.

He nodded. He got into his car and followed me back to the house... I wish people are too busy to notice him.

We snuck up to my room. But then, I saw the camera men already moving about. Uggh.. we're going to be on in seconds..

"Can you please wait here for a while? I have to work, only until 6. I promise. Sorry babe." I kissed his cheek.

"It's fine." He smiled but there were still those sad eyes. I really don't want to leave him right now all alone but... I need to work.

Ian's POV

I lied down on her bed, thinking about what I would tell her about my past and why I was with Dianne a while ago. I mentally prepared myself for it. I closed my eyes for a moment and calmed my racing heart down. I placed my hand on my eyes so that it's totally dark.

I still have a couple of hours... but I just feel so bad. Man up Ian! I'm sooo weak. I hate it. I kept encouraging myself so that I could get this over with. I just know that things would be better after this and I won't have to hide things with her any longer. Besides, she'll eventually learn of this sooner or later.Though...I really wish I could go around it.