Part 47

Cheryl's POV

I checked in at another hotel. I lied on the bed and just stared at the ceiling. Oh god. I feel like crying again. I turned off all of the lights and went back to bed, clutching a pillow against my chest. The emotional pain I felt...it's unbearable. I can't help but replay that scene in my head over and over again. It's my worst nightmare.

I looked at my phone and saw a dozen missed calls and texts from Ian. I felt an ache in my heart. I miss him already. I can't stay angry at him. I think I'll break more if this drags on for so long. But, I also can't face him right now.

I needed a distraction 'cause it keeps cutting my heart everytime I think of him so I called Kimberley.

"Hey Chez!" Kimba answered cheerfully.

"Hi Kimba..." I tried to keep my voice from shaking, but knowing my best friend she probably already noticed that something is wrong.

"Chez? Are you okay?" Kimberley asked.

"Mm-hmm..." I bit my fingernails... "I just miss you."

"I miss you too. But seriously Cheryl...What's up with you? You sound so sad..." Kimba said.

I started to tear up.

"Cheryl? Are you crying? What happened, babe?" Kimba sounded worried now.

Well, now that I'm about to tell the story, I wondered why I'm more bothered by what Ian did rather than what Dianne did when I should be angrier at her, she's done worse... I guess, it's because I care more about Ian so in everything he does, the effect gets amplified for me.

I realized I just vented all my anger and frustration at Ian. Oh, my poor baby...

"Chez?" Kimba's voice snapped me out of my thinking.

"It's just a little clash with Ian and me..." I said. I want to go to him right now. I don't want to prolong this pain.

"Are you okay?" Kimba asked.

"I'll be okay real soon. Don't worry about me. I'll fix this right now." I said while I got my bag and locked the door before I entered the elevator.

"Okay...I don't get what you're really saying right now babe. Well, just take care of yourself. Alright?" Kimba said.

"Yes. You helped me realize something...Thanks Kimba!" I said. 

"I didn't do anything..." Kimba said, confused.

"You did." I giggled.

I had just said goodbye to her when the elevator opened. I was nearing the exit when I glanced at the reception and saw him there. I had to keep a straight face before I approached him. I don't want him to think I'll let him off so easily.

"No one's answering the phone, sir. She might have been out." The man at the reception said.

"Can't you just give me her room number? I really need to talk to her." Ian pleaded.

"Sorry, sir. But, we just can't give away Ms. Cole's room number unless she tells us to do so." The man said.

Ian looked really disappointed until he saw me...

"Cheryl..." He said, his eyes showed unbelief.

"D'you wanna talk?" I asked him. Oh my god... I know I may have overreacted before but I still have a reason to be mad at him. But, why do I feel like I just wanna hug him right now? I can't give in too soon... I'm so confused.

"Yes. Oh god. Thank you." He walked closer to me but not as close as I want to. He kept his distance.

"My room then?" I asked.