Part 28

Ian's POV

Slammed by a truck, pricked by a thousand needles, pushed out of a plane, blown by a grenade... exactly how I felt as she said those words. What. The. Fuck.

"What did you just say?" I can't believe she would say that. I can't believe my friend would say that.

"I'm pretty sure you heard me the first time." She held my hand. I pulled it away.

I was just speechless... Why is she so harsh on someone she doesn't even know?

"I... I think we should stop seeing each other." I said.

"And there he goes..." She rolled her eyes. "Ian, I'm just trying to be honest with you. Really. I care for you that's why I'm trying to let you see this. She will never love you the way she loves her first. I mean, come on! She was married already. You could never replace that someone in her heart." I'm trying my best to keep my temper in control.

"I don't care and I know that I can never replace him. I love her and I accept her the way she is." I said looking straight into her eyes.

She leaned back and smiled. "Okay then, you passed."

What the hell is she talking about now?

"What do you mean I passed? Were you just testing me?" My eyes widened. Is she for real? Well, it is something she would do... But, she acted so differently back in my house. Then I remembered how Cheryl acted like she was mad at me because I copied what Simon said to her. Girls... mental face palm.

"Yes Ian. I was testing you. So... the robot guy has really fallen in love. Aww...." She grinned now. "I'm really happy for you sincerely this time."

I felt myself smile with relief. I thought I had to sacrifice this relationship a while ago.

"I hate you... do you know that?" I joked.

"Hate all you want, you won't get rid of me stinking asshole. You never had much friends and yet you hate me." She pouted.

"Robots don't need friends." I answered wittily. Then I noticed I haven't even eaten half of my food yet. I continued eating.

"You ungrateful bastard." She crossed her arms. "You're paying for this."

"Okay..." I just said. "Stop calling me such harsh names." Yeah... that's the way she talks to me.

She laughed. "Like you're not used to it idiot."

"Whatever."

"When can I meet this lucky girl?" She asked.

"Hmmm... maybe tonight. I'll call her."

"Wow... you even have to set an appointment to see her... Must be hard for you mate." She joked while she patted my shoulder.

"Heh... silly you." I opened my phone and called Cheryl.

"Hey beautiful..." I'm glad she answered.

"Hey handsome..." Then I heard some giggling from her side. "What's up?"

"Are you free tonight?" I asked.

"Yes... I am. I won't be busy until next week."

"Great... Is it okay if I bring along a friend of mine and then maybe have some dinner? My friend just came back from the US and wants to meet you..."

"Yeah sure... No problem."

"Okay... I miss you soooo much."

"I miss you too. I can't wait to see you." Then I heard giggling sounds again.