Part Six

Ian's POV

I don't know when we would stop until Fortis barked at us. Not only once but thrice. We both looked at Fortis at the same time. I smiled at her.

"He hasn't eaten yet." I said. "Let me get his things in the car."

"Uhmm... yeah... okay." She said still breathless.

I hurried towards the door. Just when I opened the door, I was face to face with Ashley. Shit.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned.

Cheryl must have heard me and came out of the dining room to see what was going on.

He laughed at me. "Maybe I should ask that to you."

I really don't know this man anymore. He has changed a lot since I left the country a year ago.

Ashley looked behind me.

"Hey babe. I missed you. Don't you miss me too?" Uggh. This new Ash is really irritating me.

"Why are you here?" Cheryl tried to confront him bravely but her voice was shaking and that gave her away. Ashley had a sly smile on his face.

"I came here to apologize." Ash out a hand on my chest and pushed me back to make way for him.

I blocked him from Cheryl.

"If you're here to apologize, you must at least really mean it. From what I see, there's no sincerity at all." I said.

"You're not the one I'm talking to so don't butt in." He glared at me.

I looked at Cheryl to see if she's okay about talking to him. She nodded and we sat in the living room.

"First of all, can you please get rid of that guy?" Ashley pointed at me.

"I'm not going to leave her alone with you." I said.

Cheryl looked at me.

"Could you... just leave us for a while?" Her voice was soft but it sliced my heart to pieces.

I was taken aback by what she had just said. Why would she want to talk with that guy alone?

Ashley smirked at me. I glared at him. I left with Fortis following me. I sat outside the house and fed Fortis. My worry keeps building up. I don't know what Ashley is capable of doing now. I hugged Fortis and stared at my watch. It has been half an hour. Why are they taking so long?

I peeked at the door. And they seem to have a deep conversation. Jealousy came over me when Ash sat beside her and held her face to his. Cheryl was in tears. I left them alone and tried to analyze what Ash is planning. Maybe he has changed but I know there is still a good person inside him. I should at least give him the benefit of the doubt.

I texted Kim about what was happening and I waited a little bit longer.

Later she replied.

Why did you let him in? Don't let him poison Cheryl's mind. You know that she still isn't over him.

She said she's okay with it. He seems to be fine now. Don't worry if anything goes wrong I can take care of it.

You'd better. Get him out as soon as you can.

I locked my phone and headed back to the living room.

I saw Cheryl slap Ash and immediately went in.

"What happened?"

"Nothing." She said not looking at me.

"Alright bro. Time to go." I pulled him up gently but then he almost punched me in the face, making me shove him to the floor.

"Don't bro me. This is all your fault!" He shouted. He lunged at me again.

"Stop! Get out now before I call the police." Cheryl shouted.

I opened the door for him.

"Drive safe." I said.

"F*ck you." He glared at me again. "Don't ever talk to me again."

I closed the door loudly and checked on Cheryl.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked.

She nodded. "I'm just going to sleep this off."

"Okay let's get you to your room." I half supported her weight up the stairs and prepared her bed for her.

"Do you sleep with the lights on?" I asked.

She shook her head. Then, I knew she is depressed. I know that she would never sleep without the lights on unless she's really down. Whatever he has said to her gave her a lot to think about.