Part Twelve

Ian's POV

(Third Week)

I can't believe I've never had a chance to even talk through the phone. The past weeks were just crazy! I checked my phone... At least, I'm going to get back by Thursday which was about two days from now. That's earlier than expected. I literally worked my butt off so I can get home early.

When I was just about to call Cheryl, I got a text from Paul.

She has been spending a lot of time with the guy. Do you want me to do something now?

I sighed. I didn't want to be controlling and besides she's not mine yet.

As long as she is happy, just let them be.

I called Kim not wanting to talk to Cheryl for the meantime. My jealousy might get the better of me.

"Hi Ian! It's been a long time. How's Japan?" Kimba asked.

"Err... Japan's fine. Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah ... sure." She said.

"Is she okay?" I asked, knowing Kim would know who I'm talking about.

"She's great... but she's been seeing Ashley lately. But don't worry, they're not getting back together." She said.

I stayed silent. What could he have done now?

"Hello... Ian are you still there?" Kim said through the phone, worry tainting her voice.

"Uhh... yeah. I'll be on my way home tonight." I said.

"Really... I thought you said you'd be away for over a month?"

"I got things done early so..."

"That's great. Should I tell Cheryl?" Should she? I felt nervous about it. Cheryl wouldn't probably care if I get home soon or not...

"No..." Mind f*cked. I am so mind f*cked.

I cancelled the meetings I have left and arranged my flight and packed my bags.

Soon, I was in the airport.

Ash's POV

I laughed when I saw all those headlines.

"Ashley and Cheryl are back together"

"Couple shares a romantic dinner"

I knew Cheryl wouldn't react much to this because she has already been oblivious to all of this stuff.

I drove to her house.

"Hi!" She greeted when she opened the door for me.

"Hey." I said as I leaned forward to kiss her cheek. Better make sure Ryan, the photographer, got that.

"Come in." She smiled.

I walked inside her living room. There was that puppy again. How irritating.

"Cheryl, I have to talk about something with you..." I said.

She looked at me with curious eyes. "What about?"

"Look, I know I said that I only want to be friends with you but... the truth is I can't get over you... over us."

I felt her become nervous.

I continued. "I still love you. I know I've not been a good husband but... I have changed. You know that."

"Ashley...I-" She stammered.

I kneeled down in front of her and held her hands.

"Please baby... let's be together again. Please.. I can't have it any other way." I let the tears fall from my eyes so I can be more convincing. She's a sucker for men who cry.

She pulled my hands, making me stand up. I kept my eyes locked with hers.

"Don't tell me you don't care about me anymore..." I begged.

I can see that she's thinking hard. One more little push, I know I can make her mine again.

"Cheryl, let's be a family again... and do what we have planned for us." I squeezed her hands.

"I...I will think about it." She said looking away from me. I smiled to myself. I just know she still has feelings for me.

"Take your time baby. I'll be just right here." I said, smiling to myself.