Part 35

Ian's POV

Chez held my hand as we walked down the hallway. I expected that she'd be going out first and we'd have to part here. I tried to pull my hand from hers but she held me tightly as she almost brought me to the other side of the door where hundreds of people are. I pulled her back.

"Whoa... what are you doing?" I asked her.

"I just want you to be with me." She said.

"I am with you... but what's with this?" I motioned to the door.

"Can't we?" She asked me.

"Well... yeah. But I thought we're avoiding the media thingy." I said.

"But... I want you more than keeping that agreement." She said. I think I get what she's saying. She doesn't want us to be a secret anymore. I breathed in deeply... Is she really ready? She looked at me as if she was examining my reaction.

"Are you sure?" I asked her. She nodded.

"Am I pressuring you to do this?" I asked. I need to make sure she's really okay with it because once this blows there's no return.

"Why are you asking me all those questions? I'm not pressured or anything... Actually, it's the opposite of that. I just want us to be free to do anything we want - wherever we are." She said. "But... if you want us to stay like this-"

"I'm okay with it." I smiled at her. "I don't really care about what others think."

She smiled at me, creating goosebumps on my skin. "Okay then."

I held her hand. As we went out, I felt the stares of many people on us. She looked at me and smiled. I smiled back. Simon still hasn't sat on his seat and he was talking to Louie and Dannii.

"Well, look who we have here..." Simon smiled at the sight of us.

"Hey Ian!" Dannii greeted. "Enjoyed the show?" She referred to Cheryl's performance.

"Yeah... very much." I said.

Dannii's eyes lingered on Cheryl's hand that was holding mine. Then, she had a silly grin on her face.

"I knew it. There's something between you two..." She smiled. I felt Cheryl press my hand tighter. Simon had his pokerface back on.

"Yeah... we were trying to keep it a secret." Cheryl explained.

Simon went back to sit on his chair. Apparently, he looked bummed about what he just heard. What's the matter with him? Dannii stood up to chat with us. I saw Lily, Kim and James back on their seats.

When the show was about to be aired again, I let Cheryl's hand go so I could get back to my seat. But before I could, Chez sneaked a peck on my lips. I heard some whispering and hushed gasps. I looked at her stunned. She's really taking this far. She got back to her seat and I to mine.

"What happened to the 'keep this relationship a secret'?" Kim raised a brow at me.

"She doesn't want to anymore." I shrugged.

"Uh-huh. And you?" I sensed that Kim's concern was more on me.

"Uhh... I'm fine with it." I said.

"You sure?" She asked again.

I nodded. "Don't worry Kim. I'll take care of your bestfriend." I smiled.

She smiled back. "Well, this is better. At least, I really know my bestfriend's future hubby."

"Haha... You two are adorable." I said.

Cheryl's POV

After the show, my friends waited for me backstage so we could all go out for dinner. I thought about what came over me a while ago. I'm glad that I didn't feel any regrets.