Part 46

Dianne's POV

"Merry Christmas Dianne!" Paula, one of my friends, greeted.

"Merry Christmas Paula!" I hugged her.

"I think this party is gonna be a killer!" She shouted through the music. "Congratulations in advance.." She winked.

"Thank you!" I smiled. Just then, I saw a familiar couple in my view. I excused myself and went to welcome Ian and Cheryl.

Ughh...I truly hate myself. I still feel that slight pang of jealousy whenever I see them together. What the hell is wrong with me?

"Well, this place is huge!" Ian said as I led them to a private booth for us to sit in.

"I have to accommodate all of my guests, right?" I said.

"Oh my God, did I just see Adriana Lima?" Ian looked back at the crowd.

"You probably did." I giggled. "Lots of models here, definitely."

"Cool!" Ian said.

"Christian Clyde are you checking out other women right now?" Cheryl glared at him.

"No way! I have the hottest woman in the world right here." Ian wrapped his arms around her. Cheryl smiled sweetly at him. These two are really inseparable. I have mixed feelings about it. I feel happy for Ian. At the same time, I'm pretty upset and frustrated that I'm not the one keeping him happy. It used to be like that. I used to be his everything. Why did I even let him go? I don't want to feel like this. Trust me. I respect their relationship and I don't want to break it. But, I'm still so deadly in love with him. I don't know what to do. I'm going crazy, honestly. It pained me to see them like this... right in front of me.

"Would you like something to drink?" I cut in. Ian turned to look at me.

"Yeah sure. Not for this one though." He referred to Cheryl.

"Oi! Why not?" Cheryl grimaced.

"I don't want you drunk with these many handsome guys around." Ian said as he looked around again.

"What? Where?" Cheryl looked at where he was looking at. "I don't see anyone else but you."

Ian chuckled. "Fine. Do whatever you want. Be careful though." Ian poked Cheryl's nose. She wiggled it for a moment as Ian took his hand away and then she slapped him lightly on the stomach.

"I will." Cheryl grinned.

We grabbed a few drinks and Cheryl and I had some small talk. Ian saw some old friends of his and went to drink with them. We were on the second floor overlooking the crowd of people dancing and partying below. She kept on staring at Ian. I looked at her for a while as I sipped my drink. I can definitely see why Ian loves her so much. She's like this ball of light even in the most darkest of places. Her personality is really the perfect match for Ian. And besides that, she is so damn beautiful and sexy, I've got to say. I guess, if I were a guy, I'd totally be all over her too. But, I'm not.

"So... how did you and Ian meet?" I asked. Well, I know all about it but it was from Ian. Never heard her part of the story.

"Well, it's a bit crazy but I met him the same day as my ex-husband, you know, Ashley." She said.

"Oh... really? Ahh, I remember, he and Ian used to be buddies then, right?" I said as I finished my second glass.

"Yeah..." Cheryl nodded, looking to start uncomfortable.

"Do they still talk to each other, you think?" I asked.

"I don't really know. He might have mentioned him before even after we became official." I felt her tense up.