Part Seventeen

Ian's POV

"Okay then... I'll tell you the time and place after work." I kissed her on the cheek and quickly went outside. I checked her front mat, her mailbox, her gate... there was no newspaper. I scratched my head.

Great... did she already read it? I felt nervous. I went inside again.

"Hey babe... did you see the paper already?" I asked.

"Err... No...Why?" She said, not even taking a look at me. I shrugged. I'm so relieved.

"Well, then... I'm really going to work now. Bye."

"Okay... Bye...do you really need to read the paper?" She asked.

"Nope." I said as I got my car keys from the countertop.

I wrapped my arms around her. "We don't need trash in the house, Chez. Don't even bother with the papers." I looked straight in her eyes like I just wanted to hypnotize her to not look at today's f*ckin' headline.

Ashley just called me to warn me about that which was totally unexpected but I know I don't need to worry that Ash would try to steal her. It's done. Besides, we still have respect with each other... even if he doesn't say it, I just know.

I started the engine and drove away.

As I entered the office, I went straight immediately to my desk. I don't really do much work, just approving this and that and listen to people's reports. I started with the paper work. It was all done in an hour. It's not that they're not a lot... I just do things faster, I think.

"Paul." I called. Fact: He's always around except when I'm with Chezza.

"Yes sir?" He said as he stood directly in front of me.

"I'm not going to be here for about three days. You may not accompany then."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah... so relax, go on a date... whatever you do when you're out of duty." I said as I read through the papers again, oops there's one. I separated it from the pile.

"Thank you, sir." He said.

I nodded, signaling him that he can go now. I got up and called my secretary.

"Could you give this back... I want this proposal changed."

"Okay, sir." She got the paper from my hand and went. "You also have a meeting in an hour. Just reminding you..."

"Okay... thanks." I rested my head for a moment. Where should I take her? She has gone to different places... I'd like to take her somewhere she has never been before. Then I realized that's going to be hard for a woman who already has everything and has been to all the good places in the world. I sighed.

My secretary came back again for some other reminders and things to do and etc.

"Jill, can I ask you something?"

"Of course." She said.

"What kind of place can you take a girl who practically has everything and been to everywhere?"

"Hmm... sounds like a busy woman." I could see her trying to think hard about it.

"Yeah, she's pretty busy..." I confirmed.

"Well, if I were her... I'd want to be home and eat some home-made cooking. Like what they say, there's no other place like home."

"That doesn't sound romantic..." I sighed again.

"Oh... well, I think you could still make it work. Good luck."

Okay... so Newcastle it is. Yeah... I guess what she said makes sense. I'm pretty sure Chez would appreciate that. But I want to do more... I started calling some people up.

Cheryl's POV

It's been hours since Ian left but I just kept thinking about that article again. I should have told it to him myself. But, I panicked. I just wish before he comes back, he still doesn't know about it... which is... a pretty slim chance.

"Arf.Arf." I felt something lick my toes.

"Hey, Fortis..." I carried him unto my lap. He's so cute and adorable. His chocolate eyes are just so big and innocent. My mind suddenly went back to when Ian was joking around that I was mommy and he was daddy. I'm just so sure that he's the one for me.

I played with Fortis in the garden. He's so energetic! I became so tired that I just lied down on the grass and closed my eyes with Fortis still tugging on my shirt.

"Come on baby... just let mommy sleep for a while." I pulled my shirt from his teeth and pat him on the head.

"I wouldn't want you sleeping there... Pervert neighbors might watch you." I suddenly heard. My eyes flung open and Ian's face was just right above mine. He flashed his gorgeous smile then he kissed me like he was spiderman-only that I wasn't standing and he wasn't hanging from a web.

"Ian... I have to tell you something." I felt big butterflies in my stomach.

"What is it?" He asked as he helped me stand up.

"I... The..." Ugh. How should I tell him? "I'm sorry about the uhmm..."

"You saw it?" His eyes showed more of concern than anger. I'm so relieved.

"Yes... I wanted to tell you but I just panicked when you kept on asking about it this morning." I looked down ashamed at myself.

I felt his arms around me. "It's okay. It's not your fault." He rubbed my back.

"I swear the thing is not true..."

Then he looked straight into my eyes. But, I just can't look at him now.

"Baby, did you really think I'd be angry at you for this?" He held my face so I could look at him.

I stayed silent. Well, I did think that for a second.

"You should know that I trust you...They can say what they want but I'm never going to let them harm us. You know that, right?"

I just hugged him tight. "I know... I guess I just didn't want to risk losing you."

"You are not going to lose me..." He said sincerely. "Unless, you push me away and don't love me anymore..."

"That's not going to happen." I smiled. "It would be the biggest mistake in my life if I did."