Part 34

Cheryl's POV

A few weeks has passed and the show is nearing the semi-finals. My schedule just got tighter when a wildcard in my team was added and I had all these interviews and oh yeah... my second album is going to be out next week. Also, I've died my hair red. How was I able to do all those? Well, I don't even know myself. I must have been very inspired to get that all done. I'm not saying I recorded the whole album in that short span of time. The album was almost finished even before the malaria thing. So that's less work. But then again, I had to practice for my performance for the show tonight and the song would be coming from my new album. Yippie. I was supposed to sing "The Flood" but I requested to change it to "Promise This" because Ian's going to be watching and I don't want to sing something that says "You're loving me like water. You're slipping through my finger's touch..." That's definitely not happening to us.

I saw Lily enter the room.

"Hey Chez... are you ready?" She came to hug me.

"Yes... I guess... I-I don't know. I'm really nervous." I stammered.

She squeezed my hands. "You're going to do great. Don't worry." She smiled at me. "Besides, your prince charming would be on the front row cheering for you." She added.

The butterflies in my stomach just got bigger. "Lily! That makes me even more nervous." I said.

"What? Why?" She asked.

"What if I make a mistake or something... It's embarrassing. I don't want him to see me like that." I tried to take deep breaths because I can hear my heartbeat pumping so heavily.

Lily shook her head. "Chez... relax. You'll do fine. Even if you do... well, nobody's perfect. And I'm pretty sure Ian wouldn't be turned off whatever you do." She winked.

"Haha...Okay if you say so..." I checked my outfit again in the mirror. "Don't you think it's too short?" I asked her.

She laughed. "It even looks like you're wearing nothing." She tugged my top down to at least cover my behind.

I glared at her. "Well, it's not like it's my first time to wear something like this." I shrugged. I referred to the past costumes I've worn with Girls Aloud.

"Oh God..  Keep your thoughts to yourself." Lily muttered.

"What? Was there something wrong with what I've said?" I looked at her.

"Don't talk about what you wear in bed Chez." She giggled.

I looked at her confoundedly. Then, I realized what she could be thinking.

"Uhh... You're so dirty! I wasn't even thinking about that!!!" I slapped her shoulder lightly."I was talking about the costumes of GA."

Her eyes widened at me. " Oohh... I'm sooo sorry! I just thought... you know we were talking about your boyfriend earlier. I just assumed that ... Uhh. I'm so green. I can't even face you now." She started to walk out the door, embarrassed. "Anyway, good luck!"

I giggled. "Okay. I'll see you later."

A guy knocked on my door even if it was open. He's part of the crew.

"You're up in 10. Let's go." He motioned me to follow him.

I followed him backstage and they handed me my mic. I talked for a while with my dancers who I have been practicing with for this song. Soon... I heard the intro video start which was pretty much about the release of the new album. I really didn't choose that but Simon insisted since he said it's not only for me but also for the show. He takes every opportunity to make the ratings high you know...