Chapter 12. - Dangerous Games

A/N: Aaaand here we go again! This chapter is dedicated to bczmfab ! Thanks for enjoying the slower chapters, so we can really marvel on the heated ones!

***

"Gianna." London said sternly, making me look up. She never, and I mean never called me by my actual name. "Who is this asshole texting you?"

I shook my head. "The new lab assistant. The fact that he gets credit for grading our papers makes him believe he has the right to be an ass. Hence the name." The lie slipped out easily. Too easy, for someone who previously prided themselves on being honest.

But this was entirely different.

London believed me, because why wouldn't she?! I've never given her reason to doubt me before. "Sounds like a nightmare!" She huffed, then followed her brother out to the living room to join her father and boyfriend.

Adelaide disappeared somewhere, so I unlocked my phone, and read the message.

Asshole: When you've had enough of playing house, come to this address.

And below his message, was an airdrop of his actual location. I frowned. Just who the hell did he think he was?

Me: I'd rather stick my hand in the toaster. But thank you for the gracious invite!

My phone vibrated a moment later with an incoming message.

Asshole: Take it easy, Red! I've never taken you anywhere that didn't end with a happy ending for you.

I shook my head at my phone. I had to give it to him, Ash had balls of steel.

Me: Are you proposing that I'm going to get an orgasm out of this?

Asshole: You'll just have to come and find out!

I huffed, my fingers flying over the digital keyboard of my phone.

Me: Not interested.

The three dots that usually appeared on his side after receiving my message were stalling. I could feel that Ash was on the other side, waiting. Watching. Just like me.

But he gave up.

I rolled my eyes. I was being ridiculous! Checking my phone like a little star struck moron. I was acting no better than those famous groupies of his I kept hearing about. Locking my phone, I was just about to slide it into my pocket when it vibrated again.

Asshole: So how soon can you be here?

My laugh was so unexpected it came out in the form of a snort. I had to admire the nerves on this guy!

Sighing, I typed up a quick reply, then went back out to the living room to join the family that raised me, to finish out the perfect, traditional Saturday brunch.

Me: Twenty minutes.

***

Eighteen minutes later, I rolled up to the location. It was advertised as an arcade for adults on the sign up front, but the parking lot was empty. Suspicious of the lack of life around me, I drove to the back of the building, just to find a single, black vehicle parked there.

I pulled up my Prius next to it and made sure to hit the lock button three times on the key before heading in. Since I was already back here, I decided to try the door which was – unlike my car – left open.

As soon as I stepped through the threshold, a large hand wrapped around my wrist, and yanked me in. The door slammed behind me, and I was pushed up against it. "Hello to you too!" I groaned as his lips crashed down on mine.