Chapter 44. - Temptation

"Opportunity may knock only once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."

***

*Gia*

"I think he should choose the brunette," Jesse commented with a serious expression, as the reality show dramatically cut to the brunette in question - anxiously twisting her hands in the back of the limo. "She is clearly the more realistic choice out there in the world."

I lifted a brow at him. "You're suddenly very into brunettes." I pointed out, causing him to roll his eyes.

"Vivi won't stand a chance against my charms when we go on tour!" He flashed his multi-million grin at me that had girls all over the world falling at his feet. "Locked in on a tour bus all day, tending to my every need..." He wiggled his brows. "What happens on tour-"

"Perhaps, don't advertise that in front of London." I pointed out.

We were spread across my brand new couch, worn out after a long day of moving and unpacking. Jesse turned on some trashy reality show and began explaining the contestant's history to me, catching me up on the last eight or so weeks of drama I've missed.

Now that I wasn't in school anymore - suspended indefinitely - I was free to spend my time however I wanted. And what I chose to do, apparently, was to lay around the couch with my one friend who wasn't pissed at me for sleeping with the most infamous rock God in the world.

Actually, that wasn't quite true. Callie wasn't particularly mad at me either, after the initial hurt of her not being in the know wore off. But she was in Europe, walking the catwalk of some up and coming designer.

So that left Jesse. Good old reliable Jesse, and his twisted idea of a good time. "I think I'm going to make my move while I'm on stage. No girl could resist a hot, sweaty musician-" He turned to me, lifting a finger to cut me off before I could even open my mouth. "And don't you try to cheapen the experience, because we all know you fell for it!"

I laughed. "I didn't sleep with your brother because he was a sweaty musician..." I pointed out.

"Then?"

My lips parted, but before I could respond, I paused. I didn't really know what drew me to Ash Wolfhart. But I didn't know what didn't. It certainly wasn't his wealth or fame that I found attractive. It wasn't even his voice initially - although, I always did love that raspy tone of his. But that wasn't what made me want to open my legs for him.

No, it was that cocky, devil-may-care, I-can-do-whatever-the-fuck-I-want attitude of his that put the final nail in the coffin. And that capable, strong physique of his certainly helped. And so did those impossibly black eyes that I could just-

"Hello?! Earth to Ginger!" Jesse waved his hand in my face. "Where the hell did your mind go?"

I rolled my eyes. "I was trying to figure out where they cast these people. I mean, don't they have jobs or a life that they are missing out on?!"

"Negative," Supplied Jesse helpfully. "Their pre-fame life as a dental hygenist or air hostess doesn't matter anymore. After the show, they're going to be influencers and make a bucketload of cash after every branded ad they post on their timeline. This is where their lives really start!"

I shook my head in disbelief.

"Besides, I know that's not what you were thinking about." He lifted a brow at me. "But I won't pry. This time."

I smiled over at him, grateful for not making me say the obvious out loud. As if the universe was ready for a change of topic, my phone vibrated with a text, the name of the publicist my father wanted me to get in contact with flashing on the screen.