Chapter 18. - Later, Red

A/N: Welcome back! First of all, thank you for the hilarious comments on the last chapter!! I was literally laughing out loud like a moron while reading your wild fantasies!

But, alas, this chapter is dedicated to cherryknotts whose detailed prediction was probably the closest. Enjoy!

***

I rolled my eyes, the question that meant to insult me entered in one ear, then out the other. As a natural redhead, this very unimaginative rhetoric has followed me all my life - and while it was never amusing, now it had exactly zero effect on me.

But apparently, Ash hasn't heard this before. And he didn't take it well.

Before I had the change to speak, Ash pushed his body to a standing position, sidestepping me easily as he threw himself on the unsuspecting moron. Although, if Dylan really was as big of a Hazmat fan as he claimed, he should've seen this coming from a mile away...

Ash's right arm went over my head, missing me by just a hair, before his fist connected with Dylan's nose. The tell-tale crack of his bones breaking reverberated in the air around us, replacing the chilling silence. The music was still playing, but the guests were now watching in silence as Ash pulled his hand back, going in for the kill again.

They somehow fell on the ground, tangled together in a bunch of limbs and movements. I saw Dylan trying to shove Ash off himself, and swinging back just as much as he was getting, but Ash's fists flew in a speed I've never seen before.

I should've interfered. I should've thrown myself in there to stop the nonsense.

But logically, all that would've gotten me was a black eye. Or worse... I just didn't have the physical strength or size to match up with these two, and getting myself in there would've caused more damage than good.

Then there was another, much darker part of me, that didn't interfere because I thought Dylan deserved it. And while I was never going to admit to this out loud, Ash looked ridiculously hot going all alpha on a guy to defend my honor. There was something sensually twisted about it that I found alluring - just like most of the little pieces I've had the privilege to learn about him.

Lukas and Jesse rushed onto the scene, each grabbing a hold of one of Ash's arms. Despite their toned muscles, I could tell that they had a hard time containing him.

The scene was bemusing, really - Jesse yelled obscenities at his brother, while Lukas was trying to calm him down. Ash didn't seem to hear either, as he kept trying to drop his weight down on the groaning Dylan, who was sprawled out on the ground – covered in blood.

I couldn't tell if it was all his own, and I didn't get a chance to look. London was next to me in an instant, talking to the 911 dispatcher frantically while ordering for everyone to get back and give the man some room to breathe.

In the midst of all the yelling, running around, the chaos, and flashing phones, I was the voyeur - calmly observing everything around me. I noticed that someone brought ice for Dylan, and pressed it against his already swelling face. I saw Ash being dragged away, while he breathed through his nose like a raging bull, his muscles flexing and a vein throbbing in his neck with the effort to reign himself in.

I stood there, completely frozen in place, mesmerized, and wet as hell.

The boys managed to pull Ash into the house, just as Callie walked in out to the garden. "What the hell?!" She cried, as she ran up to us. "What happened now? I'm a half hour late and the party is already in full swing!"