Chapter 43. - Fall Like Rain

*Gia*

"Where do you want this box?" Jesse was standing in the middle of the new living room of my brand new apartment. It has been nearly two weeks of constant reporters camped outside my university home and as such, I was ready to upgrade on the security. Not to mention, my little place would no longer have my name on it come the end of the month.

So I packed the many books and wine bottles I've had laying around, gathered Neuro's toys and accessories, and moved us to a part of town closer to the technology and science center I was hoping to one day work in.

"That one goes in the bedroom - and I know this, because it says 'bedroom' on it." I rolled my eyes as Jesse shouldered by me.

"You're welcome to hire movers for this, you know!" He shouted from the other room.

I smiled. "And that would spoil the fun of me seeing you in all your hot, sweaty, rock star glory!"

"All you have to do is come to one of our concerts, and you'll see me really in my element!" Jesse teased, smacking my butt as he walked back outside to pick up another box. I moved to my new kitchen and began unpacking china when I heard the front door open.

"Before you ask me again if the box says 'bathroom' then that's where I want it!" I chuckled at my own joke, only looking up when there was no sassy comeback from the doorway.

But instead of my six foot four drummer bestie's imposing frame blocking the doorway, it was a much smaller, feminine figure hovering inside of it. "I don't think I would be much help with the boxes, but I'm one hell of a decorator!" London said, with a hopeful smile on her face. "I didn't mean to show up uninvited but... Well, you didn't exactly invite me!"

I lifted a brow at her. "You wanted to take a break from our friendship if I recall correctly."

"Now when you put it that way, I sound even more stupid."

After one look at my best friend's pout, I gave in. "Come in, don't just stand there!" I waved her over to my small, stainless steel kitchen. "You're not stupid, London! But you have been acting kind of-"

"Whacky?" She guessed, and I nodded.

"That's one word for it."

She sighed as she put her purse on the counter and leaned over to look into my eyes. "I'm so sorry, Ging! I've been an asshole about this whole thing... I know there are no excuses but-"

"Where do you want-" Jesse banged the door open with a loud noise, then paused in the doorway. "Oh good! You're not at each other's throats, then. I'll just read the labels - you two keep talking it out!"

I turned my attention back to London. "You don't have to apologize. I should've told you about the whole affair - I knew how you felt about Ash and I realize now how it would affect not only our relationship but Lukas' friendship with Ash too. It all just got out of hand and-"

London shook her head, cutting me off. "Yes, you should've told me. I'm not the biggest fan of Ash because I've seen how he treats people - especially women. And you!" I braced myself for her next words. "You're just a goddess, Ginger! You are one of the best, smartest, most incredible people I know. And you have been through so much, the last thing you need is some cocky celebrity fucking with your head!"

I bit my lip. "I thought you were apologizing." I grinned.

London rolled her eyes. "I am! You haven't let me finish... I am mad that you gave into Ash, and what infuriates me the most is that you didn't trust me enough to be honest about it."