Chapter 37. - Something Bad

A/N: I'm baaack! This definitely wasn't planned out this way, but I'm glad I waited with this chapter until you found out what was happening in Strung. You'll see why in the next one.

This is dedicated to themissymarj ! I appreciate the love and support for the story.

***

*Gia*

The parking lot in front of the restaurant was empty, the door shut and most of the lights were off. It wasn't a brunch place, but rather a swanky fine dining experience - by the looks of it. "I don't think this place is open yet. And I'm not dressed for it anyway." I hummed, looking down at my plain jeans and t-shirt look.

Ash grinned over the console at me as he shut of the engine of the car. "First of, you're perfect the way you are." He said with that wicked glint in his eyes that made my panties melt and my heart beat double time. "And second, it's open. For us."

I rolled my eyes at him as he walked around the car to open the door for me. "Let me guess, you know the owner?"

Ash shrugged in that devil may care way of his. "Being hot shit has its perks."

"Who says you're hot?" I snorted as we walked hand in hand into the restaurant. A friendly looking waiter in an immaculate suit greeted us at the door, locking it behind us as another one led us to our table.

"You did. Last night, actually."

My cheeks heated as I vaguely recalled the mess Jesse and I were in the club and then on the way home. How much did he catch of that?! The thought panicked me, and I made a mental note to check my phone the next chance I got.

The waiter offered us our menus, and Ash ordered for both of us without looking. For once, the fact that he manhandled me didn't irk my strongly feminist side. Instead, I was thankful that I didn't have to leave my train of thoughts.

As soon as the waiter was out of earshot, I leaned over the table. "What did I say last night? To you?"

Ash's brows quirked as a crooked smile played on his lips. "Are we pretending it didn't happen now?" He hummed, leaning back on his chair, his arms spread wide. "This is getting interesting."

I swallowed. "I'm too hangover for your games. Just tell me!"

He chuckled. "You seemed pretty lively to me back in the dressing room." He teased before his black eyes got serious. "Your message said that I was the hottest thing and that you were just in love with me and my cock."

"Right." I took a sip of the water the waiter placed in front of us, noting the way his eyes widened when he caught Ash's words. "Obviously, we were on a night out..." I started, but Ash held up his hand to silence me.

"No need to explain, red. I figured that either you were hammered, or my brother was just fucking with me." His face screwed up into a surprisingly sexy frown. But then again, anything this man did was sexy. "I'm not sure which one is more disturbing."

I laughed. "It's actually a combination of both! I obviously think you're hot - I'll give you that. And your cock is..." He grinned, leaning forward in anticipation. "-acceptable."

Ash burst out laughing, shaking his head. "You're killing me, woman!" He threatened, but his eyes were dancing as he looked at me. "Not even above average?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "Having a huge dick is nothing to brag about. Especially if most of it is your personality."

Ash opened his mouth to respond but shut it when his gaze flickered over my head. "At last. I thought I was going to have to give your name to the bouncer."