Chapter 6. - Honest Deceptions

A/N: Welcome back! This one's dedicated to xcaitlinSx ! Thank you for the love & support!

***

I didn't see or hear anything from Ash until the next weekend.

I did my best to forget about the events that played out after London's housewarming party, and so far it was working. Instead of dwelling on my remorse - or even worse, the shameful fact that I very much enjoyed every little thing that happened - I immersed myself in my job, and my classes, and spent all my free time reading ahead in the books. I did what any independent, respectful female would. I forgot the hell about it!

Until Callie brought it up again...

It was Saturday afternoon, and I was invited to London and Lukas' new home, along with Callie. The three of us girls tried to meet up at least once a week - besides constantly texting and FaceTiming - but since she moved in with Lukas, things have changed. Instead of girl time, now Lukas LaBelle was automatically invited to everything.

Jesse Wolfhart, Ash's younger brother, also tagged along to these nights - but at least he didn't try to suck face with any of us.

We were all sitting in a circle around London's gigantic couch arrangement that covered more space than an average person's condo in Los Angeles, when Lukas interrupted. "Wait, hold on! Why did he put hairspray on your ass, again?"

Callie rolled her eyes. "Not on my ass! On my garter belt - and it's so my dress won't go up when I walked the runway." Her gaze flashed to London. "Why is he here again? It's girls' night!"

London sighed. "He has no friends." She said, shrugging apologetically. "Besides, Jesse is here too!"

"You know he doesn't count." Callie reasoned, and no one argued with that statement. Not even Jesse. "Don't you have another bandmate you can invite over, or something?"

"Ash is on his way. We're going to play this new war game that just came out." To this, Lukas' eyes lit up excitedly. "This is the second one in the series, and unlike the others-"

I raised my hand to cut him off. "Are there shirtless men pulling a Channing Tatum in this game of yours?"

Lukas shook his head.

"Then Callie doesn't care." With that, I turned my attention back to the girls. "What happened to that model or stylist guy you were telling us about?"

Jesse sat up. "Oh, he was tall! Did you ever fuck him?"

Callie grinned. "Yes, he was! And only once – we hooked up after that photoshoot, because he was a photographer, Ging." She shot me a glare, like I should've memorized every guy she has fallen in and out of lust with. "But honestly, it wasn't any good. He was more trouble than he was worth! I heard he slept with other models – which isn't surprising. But if he had so much experience, you'd at least expect him to be semi-good, you know?"

"Was he as good as me?" Jesse asked, cocking a brow.

Callie waved him off. "Keep wishing, little boy. Keep wishing!"

The two of them never slept together-

-Or at least, as far as we were aware. But they've always had this intense flirting thing going on. Meanwhile, Callie was making her way through the modeling industry and Jesse... Well, any female with two working eyes that managed to look his way.

Lukas was squinting, moving his head from side to side as he tried to keep up with the back and forth of girl talk. After a while though, he gave up, and turned back to his xbox.