Chapter 5. - Morning After

A/N: Welcome back to a small surprise update! This chapter isn't the longest (Come on... the last one was!) so I thought I'd throw it up and make your Monday smoother. Or Tuesday, depending on where you live. Enjoy!

Ps. Shoutout to GabiDEMON ! This chapter is for you!

***

I woke up, feeling like it was a proper morning after. I wasn't exactly hangover, but I couldn't say that I didn't feel the effect of the alcohol on my body. I was dehydrated. My throat and mouth felt dry, my lips raw, and my pussy surprisingly sore.

But worst of all, was my head.

Not because of a headache, but because of my confusion.

I had no idea how I went from being a sensible, calculated, put-together adult, to a crazy maniac who wanted to tear Asher Wolfhart's close right off his big, surprisingly sexy body. I felt confused about my own actions. For the first time in my conscious life, it wasn't my brain who made the decisions, but my gullible hormones and my vagina.

I got out of bed, and went about my morning routine – stretching, washing my face, breakfast, brushing teeth, flossing, cleaning up, getting dressed. I didn't wear makeup often, in fact, a Chapstick was the only cosmetics related item I ever bought for myself. The rest were lavish gifts from Callie, that she acquired through one of her modeling gigs, or got sent in PR.

I was always comfortable, but professional, often wearing slacks or jeans to work, and simple, long sleeves shirts. In the lab, we had to cover up from head to toe, so my wardrobe consisted of different color variations of the same few items.

I pulled on jeans, and a long sleeved gray shirt, put my hair in a ponytail, and was ready for my day.

Even though I had no classes on a Saturday, I chose to make the short drive to campus. My apartment was two lights away, taking me exactly four minutes to get to work – unless I hit an unusually long red.

The campus may have looked empty to the untrained eye, but in my lab building, life was always buzzing.

I walked in to find Albert and Francine, typing away on their computers. Albert – Albie, to his friends – was what our classmates considered my boyfriend. I lost my virginity to him many years ago, and since then, we hooked up on occasions.

Albie and I were both extremely busy with our work and studies, leaving no room for a fulfilling romantic relationship. He has had very similar aspirations about a highly confidential government job, and therefore our mutual understanding came naturally. When we had needs, we helped each other out. It wasn't love, or even a crush, although, I supposed he was handsome in a classy way.

Albie had dirty blonde, short chopped hair, big brown eyes, and glasses. I wouldn't describe him as fit, but he kept in good shape by being a vegetarian, and running around a giant campus fourteen hours a day.

He was of average height, about 5'10, and didn't get offended when I told him to get out after sex.

Francine, or Fran, started out as my biggest rival when we got to college, but she soon turned out to be a friend. We were the only two girls who made it so far in the program, and after she realized I wasn't interested in competing with her, we became allies, supporting each other in a very male-dominated field.

"Good morning." I greeted them. They both glanced up, and nodded.

"You're in late." Fran observed, an underlying question in her voice.

"London had a housewarming party last night." I offered as an explanation. They all knew about London and Callie, since those two girls were the only reason I would miss out on a good study or lab session. "Did I miss anything?"