Chapter 39. - Dysfunctional

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to BrianneBrockman23 ! Thank you for the support and passion for the story!

***

*Ash*

I watched her fabulous ass as it retreated into another room, closing the door behind herself. Fuck.

The word repeated over and over in my head like a mantra as I made my way back to the dining room. "Is everything ok?" Mick, Gia's dad asked, frowning. With the abrupt phone call and us being gone for a considerable amount of time, I couldn't blame him for being suspicious.

Under any other circumstances, it would've meant that I was tapping his daughter's luscious ass - but tonight, I was mostly clinging to it while she tried to toss me out on mine. "I think it's best if Gia explains it to you," I said instead, knowing she'd hate it if I made any inappropriate comments in front of others. "Jesse, can I talk to you?"

My brother was already on his feet, following me out of the room as he grabbed his ridiculous top hat on the way. "What the fuck happened? Where's Ginger?"

"That was London on the phone," I started, running a hand through my hair. "Apparently a photographer has gotten a couple pictures of us out today. London knows and so does the rest of the world."

I haven't bothered to look the story up, but my brother had his phone in his hands before I could get the last sentence out. His fingers pistoned over the keyboard and a moment later, he got what he was looking for.

"It's already trending."

I rolled my eyes. Of course, it would be. "It's not like she's the first chick I ever had my photo taken with." Far from it, actually.

Jesse held his phone in front of my face, angling it annoyingly close as he zoomed in on an HD photo of Gia and I grinning at each other as I opened the car door for her. Another as I leaned down, our faces only an inch apart. In the third photo, Gia is pouting at me in an overly exaggerated gesture.

"Okay, I get it!" I snapped, slapping Jessie's hand away. While we weren't making out in the pictures - actually, we weren't touching aside from holding hands - it was very apparent how together we were. It was unmistakable - that familiarity, the way we both looked at each other.

If I didn't know any better....

"Aw, you two look cute as hell!" Jessie swooned, making puppy dog eyes at me over his phone as he read through the article. "On the downside, they mention her by her full name, adding her age and even the school she goes to. There's also a link to another article here which has pictures of me and her when we arrived up North."

"What do the comment say?" I asked, and despite my best efforts, my stomach tightened in a knot as I remembered the crude things anonymous people on the internet have said about London when her relationship with Lukas first came out.

Oh, fuck me! Lukas!

I ripped my phone out of my back pocket as I dialed my best friend's number.

"They're not too bad actually. Compared to-" Jessie trailed off. We were both on the same page. "This one chick is cheering Ginger on for getting with both of us. Her exact words are 'what I wouldn't give to be the meat in the middle of that Wolfhart brothers sandwich!'."

Jessie's chuckles faded into the distance as Lukas picked up the phone after the third ring. "What the fuck have you done now, man?!"

***

*Gia*

"I'm driving over to London and Lukas' place right now," Callie said as I clutched my phone tighter to my ear. "She sounded very upset when I talked to her."