Chapter 47. - Yes Games II.

A/N: Happy Quarantine Time! Worry not, I'm here to help you pass the time while you and your family is on lockdown. Enjoy this super long chapter of Ash and Gia!

***

*Gia*

We rejoined the party, London heading straight for Lukas, while I aimed at the bar. Jesse was still standing around, surrounded by a small group of girls - but Ash was nowhere to be seen. That was a relief, I told myself. The last thing I needed was to fall back into old, bad habits.

I walked up, taking the only empty spot by the counter, where one of my martinis was still waiting for me.

"Jesse! Doesn't Shelby's dress look just amazing?!" One girl asked, beaming at him expectantly. Everyone's gazes fell on Shelby, who, by all accounts, looked like mad Picasso painting. And not in a complementary fashion.

Jesse hesitated, while I gulped down the sour drink, suddenly thankful that I wasn't the one who had to honestly answer that. "Well..." He breathed, clearly clutching for time. "I think that... Uhm..."

"Holy shit! Is that a photo booth?!" I yelled, pointing at the snaking line at the other end of the backyard. "We have to try this out!" And without waiting for another word from the girls, I grabbed a hold of Jesse's hand and began towing him toward the booth. "You owe me one for this," I whispered, once we were out of earshot.

"Being honest is the worst!" Jesse sighed dramatically. "Am I mean to crush some girl's hopes and dreams, just because I have no choice but to tell her her dress looks like Stevie Wonder sprinkled paint and vomit all over it?! And the worst thing is, she's a designer! She wanted to dress us for the next award ceremony."

"Your life is so tough!" I muttered sarcastically. "Is there another bar inside? I really don't want to wait in line just to have my picture taken. I only came up with the photo booth rouse to get you out of your undesirable situation."

"Why are you so opposed to taking pictures?"

"I already know how I look," I shrugged. "Not nearly as good as everyone else here! It's like they all went to the same plastic surgeon, who can only do one face. Or is everyone just related?"

Jesse laughed wholeheartedly. "It's what's in style!"

"Looking like a knock off Kardashian sister?" I huffed. "No, thank you! I already know that my nose is a little too big and that I'd need to angle my body a certain way to not look wider than two of those toothpicks put together."

"Well, luckily, you're taking a picture with me," He pointed at his shoulders as if to further annunciate his point. "And might I remind you that you can't say no?"

The line was moving quickly, and we were up next when London and Lukas ran over to us. "Put this on!" London handed a pair of black bunny ears to me, which I pushed right back towards her. But Jesse shot me a warning look. "Don't worry, it goes with your ensemble!" London smiled and grabbed a hat for herself, while Lukas put on a pair of gigantic sunglasses and Jesse opted for a pink feather boa.

"What? It brings out my eyes!" He winked, pushing me toward the camera when a tall, lean figure approaching caught my attention.

"Vivi!" I yelled, waving my hand. The girl gave me a wide-eyed, surprised look. "Come and join us!"

"What are you doing?!" Jesse seethed from between his teeth.

"Making your night!" I grinned at him as the brunette walked up to us. London already had a sign and a glitter fan waiting for her, which Vivi took graciously. "You can stand right here!" I pushed her toward Jesse, while I took my position on the other side of the group, next to London.