Chapter 21. - Week of Shame

A/N: Let me just start off by saying - thank you all so very much for being patient and understanding during the last couple of months! Having our families in the same continent as us is a rarity for my husband and I, and I really appreciated not getting hate messages for missing a couple updates! This chapter is dedicated to all of you! xx

***

*Ash*

Fuck.

I was fucking furious – with myself, with this whole fucked up shit-show of a situation. "Fucking moron..." I cursed myself under my breath as rushed down the stairs of her apartment, taking them two at a time.

I was so angry, I was tempted to put my fist through my windshield, but that would've attracted too much attention. I didn't want any of these college kids to look up from their precious textbooks and see me outside of their window. So I refrained.

Instead, I threw myself into the car and peeled out of the lot.

I was in fucking disbelief.

I came over to make shit better because of the way we ended things at Lukas' party... Well, that was just fucking wrong. I let my whores go like that, but Gia wasn't a whore. She was a strong, smart woman, who deserved much better.

Much better than me, even – I was aware.

But I was also a selfish bastard, and I was going to take advantage of her as long as she'd let me. But tonight – or rather, this morning – it went too far.

I lost my goddamned head! I came over to make sure she didn't take the way I used and discarded her to heart – and instead, I got to sit outside her fucking apartment for an hour while I waited for another man to leave! I watched as my brother strolled out, looking exhausted, like a man who just spent the last hour performing the fuck of his lifetime. I fucking knew how it was with Gia...

And as if I didn't need more confirmation, she greats me at the door wearing the skimpiest piece of silk slip I've ever seen on her. All for him.

I smashed my hand against the steering wheel. None of these were valid excuses.

Who the fuck didn't remember to wear a condom these days?! And why the fuck didn't she stop me?! She should've fucked slapped me for even touching her that way, let alone let me inside her body without protection.

I mean... and I was the insane one?!

Fuck me. What if she got pregnant?! Or worse! What if my brother had some weird shit going on and she caught it?!

The last thing I was in the mood for right now is getting a swab stuck up my dick, but I supposed that was an inevitable consequence of my irresponsible actions.

I was fucking livid about the way I lost my head. Especially, since this wasn't momentary insanity. I've been losing it around her for weeks.

***

*Gianna*

The next week was one of the longest weeks of my life.

First, I scheduled an appointment with my gynecologist. Asking for a screening for sexually transmitted diseases wasn't terrifying and awkward like the romance novels had one believe, and while I haven't gone on to have a pregnancy test done at that time, I got my answer to that question the night after - when I got my period.

Technically, my chances of getting pregnant were minuscule, even though I wasn't on birth control. But that rational calculation of percentages was replaced by an elated sigh when I saw the little drop of blood on my panties.