Chapter 22. - Key to My Thoughts

A/N: One of my favorite chapters thus far. This one is dedicated to LiveOo ! Thank you for keeping up with my stories! xx

***

I slid my phone back into the pocket of my jeans, chuckling to myself as I took the stairs two at a time heading up to my apartment.

"Nice touch on the camera!" Ash whistled, sounding genuinely impressed as I walked through the front door, and locked it behind myself. He stood in the middle of my living room, taking up much more space than he had the right to. With my spine tingling with awareness, I set my bag down in its usual spot, then walked right up to him. "You should've done it sooner. Never know what kind of dangerous people are in the area."

I nearly laughed at the irony of that, considering he was the only one who has ever broken into my apartment. But there was no use in pointing that out when, for the first time in nearly a week, I got a good whiff of his spicy male sandalwood scent.

I stopped right in front of him and got on the tip of my toes at the same time he bowed his head. His lips touched against mine, caressing me in a surprisingly soft greeting for a man who only kissed while he fucked. "I'm going to take a quick shower," I said, stepping away from him.

I unwound an arm that was already wrapped around my waist, thick fingers spayed over my back, ready to urge me closer. I tilted Ash's palm upward and dropped a tiny metal object in his hand.

Confusion, curiosity, surprise, and finally, understanding mirrored in his black eyes, before he moved his gaze to lock with mine. From the corner of my vision, I watched him flick the key between his fingers with the expertise of a burglar, before it disappeared out of my sight.

"You want me to just come and go as I please, red?" Ash questioned, while those dark orbs danced with shameless delight.

I huffed. "You already do!" I pointed it out, before swirling around on my toes and heading to the bathroom.

I barely lifted my sweatshirt over my head, when I felt his big hands wrap around my waist from behind. "Need help?" Ash rasped, his mouth against my ear. The heat from his muscular body emanated into my very pores, but just to make his intentions crystal clear, he pressed his impressive bulge against my ass.

I shook my head no. "But you should join anyway."

Despite claiming that I didn't need help, I didn't refuse Ash when he unhooked my bra, or when he kneeled in front of me to push my pants down, followed by my panties. "Is it done, then?" He asked, and when I wasn't sure what he was referring to, he nodded toward my stain-free panties.

"Oh." I felt myself flush bright red. Fuck me! My momentary confusion of how Ash could've possibly known led to a quick mental calculation. We were heading into the third month of this circus, which meant two periods total... He had plenty of weeks and opportunities around me to observe the changes in my body from up close and personal.

I glanced down at him pointedly.

"I thought a little blood didn't bother you." I reminded him, quoting what he told me the first time I let him inside my panties.

"It doesn't, red." Ash rasped, his voice dripping with sex as he straightened, and threw his own shirt to the side. I let my eyes wander over his gorgeous body, not even pretending that I wasn't drinking the sight of him up. "But I thought I'd fuck you in the shower, to save the rest of your pristine apartment from the little blood stains."

I wasn't sure if I should've felt embarrassed because the most famous rock star of the world's biggest band was familiar with my menstrual cycle, or flattered because he was considerate about keeping it under control. Or, even better, be turned on because he just offered to fuck me in the shower.