Chapter 33. - Off-Chance

A/N: I'm sooo excited, because since the last chapter I've posted, the girl I imagine (somewhat) as Gia has announced that she is pregnant! Congrats to Jess Shears & her Love Island beau Dom.

***

*Gia*

I slipped out from under him, the black and burgundy silk of his bedding allowing me to slide down to my feet easily. "Where are you going?" Ash asked groggily, his black irises only barely visible below his dark lashes.

"Home," I breathed, as I launched into a search for my clothes. "I wasn't invited, remember?"

Ash sighed, the heavy sound echoing in the gigantic room. "You don't need an invitation."

Something snapped inside me. "Well, we've never come here before. In fact, I recall you specifically wanting to go to my place every single time we've met up before."

He rolled to his side, propping himself up on his elbow. "You know the reason why." Ash pointed out calmly. "Brian is staying with me for a while."

He was right, of course. I knew that he was. But something inside of me was stretched beyond my comfortable limit, and while I didn't want to name the emotion, I was going to do my damnest to fight against it. "Such a convenient excuse!" I murmured under my nose, pulling my dark sweatshirt over my head. To hell with a bra, I was going straight home after this.

"Why are you trying to pick a fight with me?" Ash was eerily steady, his voice unwavering as his black gaze trained right on me. "I thought we were having fun."

I had no idea why. Actually, if I was being really honest with myself, I knew exactly why. And this was the best way - for both of us. "We were."

To my surprise, despite my best effort to be my prickliest self with him, Ash laughed. "So you somehow manipulated Brian to leave, and won't even take advantage of it?"

I shrugged, pulling on my panties, followed by my jeans. "I owe your brother a favor now."

He nodded, still grinning. "I see." Slowly, Ash rose to his feet, the sheet previously covering his midsection slithering away as he approached me. My eyes lowered to that insatiable part of him that lead the way toward me before he grabbed my chin and refocused my gaze on his. "Where are you going, red?"

That raspy voice did unspeakable things to my insides, reminding me of the exact reason I should've just up and left. "We've just been over this," I responded, my tone much softer this time.

"Humor me!"

The suggestion behind those words was unmistakable - sort of like my reaction to his nearness. "I'm going..." My voice trailed off as his hand brushed against the hem of my sweatshirt, lifting it slowly and caressing my stomach. "-home."

Ash nodded and took another step toward me, invading my personal space. "Why?" His long, thick fingers skimmed my bare skin, roaming higher and higher until he brushed against my nipple.

I jumped, my skin sensitive and raw after the sex marathon he just put me through. We've spent hours tangled up in each other, and I should've had enough.

Except I didn't. And clearly, neither had he.

"I have to study." I started off, listing the first excuse that came to mind. He pinched my nipple lightly and tugged, making me step forward, right against his chest.

"What else?"

His other hand moved around me, grabbing a handful of my ass and jiggling it in his grip. "Brian can get back any second."