Chapter 3. - Dare

A/N: Here we goooo! This one's dedicated to HannahWard700 ! Thank you for the support!

***

*Gia*

Ash took his time as he made his way around the table and came to a stop in front of me. My palms were sweaty, my body buzzing with alcohol, anticipation and - shamefully - desire.

He walked like a panther, his movement fluid and quiet, yet he carried himself in a way that suggested you would do better than to be caught in his path. He looked gracefully irresistible, but dangerous.

I had to crane my neck to be able to look him in his black eyes. "Ready to get out of here?" His voice was deep, but smooth - like a velvet scarf that caressed my neck, but tightened just enough to make me thankful for the air I've taken for granted.

"Let me say bye to the girls."

Ash's eyes were searching mine for a moment, assessing whether or not I was going to try to get out this. After a few heartbeats, he nodded. "Don't take too long."

He didn't have to tell me twice. I've been counting the minutes until I could leave, ever since I got here. I made my way around the downstairs area of the house, looking for either of the girls.

I spotted Callie by the foosball table, with an eye candy on either sides of her as she battled against a famous actor, who played a vampire in a TV series. She gave me a full-toothed grin when she spotted me.

Without saying anything to either of the men around her, she bounced over. "Having fun yet?" She asked, her gaze moving over my head, letting me know that there was someone tall standing behind me. And judging by the pricking of my scalp, I knew exactly who that someone was.

"I'm leaving. Have you seen London around?"

"She's been hiding upstairs with Lukas LaBelle." Callie informed me, but her eyes stayed on the shadow over me. She threw her arms around my shoulders, and gathered me into a giant hug. Her lips brushed against my ears, her words coming out rushed and nervous. "Be careful with him, Ginger! He's dangerous."

I nodded. "Don't worry about me."

She pulled back, her worried gaze searching mine. "Are you sure about this?"

I gave her a reassuring smile. "It's not like that."

I didn't have time to give her a full update on our bet, what with Ash hovering over us, but I didn't want to worry her either. Ash was known to be kind of a loose cannon, but it wasn't like I was off to marry him! It was just a stupid bet.

"Tell London thanks for inviting me, will you?"

"Sure." Callie replied absentmindedly. Her eyes remained glued to Ash, who stepped closer. A large hand wrapped around my waist, gently tugging me back against his gigantic, hard body.

"Are you ready?" His deep voice sounded in my ear.

I inhaled. "Yes."

"Call me when you get home!" Callie made a sign of a phone with her hand. "No matter the hour!"

But we were already walking away. With Ash tugging me in front of him, we maneuvered through the crowd. "Blondie is under the impression that I'm going to kidnap you tonight?" He asked, his voice low in my ear, so only I could hear.

"You are kidnapping me." I pointed out, while trying to peel his hand off my body. "And she's just worried."

"For?"