Chapter 52. - Legally Bound

A/N: Hello and welcome! If you're wondering when the hell did you add this book to your reading list, this is your girl, CBM, and you're reading Harmonized. I hope you like the rebrand - new title and new cover!

***

*Gia*

I pulled up to London and Lukas' house, frowning at the array of expensive cars already present. I wasn't aware that anyone else was invited to this meeting, but there have been so many surprises over the last few weeks that I no longer expected anything to go as planned.

I recognized a midnight black motorcycle in the corner and my heart began beating in my throat. He rode that when he wanted to get somewhere fast. My mind wandered back to a handful of nights spent at my old campus apartment when he would show up unannounced, and-

I shook my head to clear it. This was not the time to reminisce about the past when I got a chance to fix my future.

I walked up the small stairway and was about to knock on the front door when London threw it open, surprising me. "Cameras!" She announced as an answer to my questioning look, before she gathered me into a hug. "I'm glad you came! I know you're skeptical about this, but you will see, Dominic is a great lawyer. If someone can get you unharmed out of this, it's him!"

I wasn't sure there was a way out, let alone unharmed. Even if this magical, celebrity lawyer could get me back into my program, I wouldn't get back unscathed.

But I could tell that London was still feeling awful about the way she acted after she found out about the affair, and how much thinking that she was helping me meant to her. So as to not crush her spirits, I diverted the subject. "Which car is his?"

"Oh, he's not here yet! Come in and have a drink."

I frowned at her. "It's ten in the morning. On a Tuesday."

"I meant coffee or water!" She rolled her eyes. "But if you do want alcohol, we definitely have it!"

I didn't doubt that. I followed her into their living room, where everyone sat around the giant couch meant to fit at least a dozen bodies. Jesse and Brian were present, Lukas - of course, given that we were at his house - and in the furthest seat was Ash. His large body spread across the entire loveseat, arms resting on the back of the couch.

He wore his signature, tight, black jeans with rips around the knees and thighs; a black Rolling Stones shirt that would've made anyone else look like a hipster, but it only elevated Ash's rockstar status; and a black fedora that kept his dark locks out of his face.

His gaze moved down my body, leaving a trail of fire where it went. He was checking me out too, and judging by his dilated pupils, he was satisfied with what he saw.

"Hey there!" Jesse said, louder than necessary. He lifted a brow at me when our eyes met, shaking his head. "Nice seeing you too! Sorry about missing your dad's wedding. But I heard you had a great time." He said the last part pointedly as if he knew something he wasn't supposed to.

Did Ash tell him about our flirty exchange? I glanced back over to the furthest corner, but Ash's stony expression didn't give anything away.

"Nice to see you too," I nodded, looking at Jesse pointedly. "I'm glad you all could make my meeting."

Brian shrugged. "I'm single now and have nowhere to be but with my bandmates."

"Alright then," Jesse's murmured under his breath. "I'm here for moral support as my best friend goes through a rough patch in life."

"I live here," Lukas said simply, giving the most reasonable explanation yet.

"And why did you come, Ash?" Jesse asked, turning to look at his brother.