C104 Convincing

After half an hour, Hai Qingshan returned looking grim.

Chu Li looked at him.

Hai Qingshan went beside the carriage and whispered into the wagon, "Lady Siao Shi, the Hu Ren Public House is after us!"

"Young fellow Hai Qingshan, how do you know?" Mulin asked.

"I acted as one from the Hu Ren Public House, so I found out about it instantly!" Hai Qingshan said as he smiled.

"You may look straightforward and honest, but you're quite clever!" Mulin scoffed as he complimented him.

Hai Qingshan scratched his head and shyly smiled. He found out not because of his wit, but because he had learned from the others.

"Don't care about them." Siao Shi said with a gentle voice.

"They must want to hurt Lady Siao Shi!" Hai Qingshan hurriedly said.

"I have the six elders with me. I'm not afraid of them attacking me," she said calmly.

"I'm afraid that they're fully prepared." Hai Qingshan replied.

"What if they also sent their Grandmasters?"

"I understand. Just continue on our way" replied Siao Shi.

Her voice was so gentle that Hai Qingshan could not find the heart to push her any further.

He shook his head and sighed. He then looked at Chu Li.

"Can our Public House add on more masters?" Chu Li asked.

"Adding more Grandmasters would be impossible," Hai Qingshan said while shaking his head.

The Public House only has eight Grandmasters. Us using six of them is already far too many. The other two must not be moved because The Public House was of utmost importance and it represented the foundation and the root. There were also many spirit herbs there as Master Siao and the Third Lady. If all eight Grandmasters were deployed, someone would have taken the opportunity to attack the Public House which would lead to unimaginable consequences.

If the Second Lady's status was not that highly honorable, they would not have taken out six Grandmasters. Even when Master Siao and the Third Lady go out for an outing, there would only be four Grandmasters assigned to them.

Chu Li furrowed his brows and muttered to himself that leaving only two Grandmasters in the Public House was risky. The people in the martial arts would hatethe Public House and would destroy it in a heartbeat if given the chance.

The best way to go about the situation they were in was not to add any more protection but to surround the enemy to force a surrender or to make them redeploy the Hu Ren Public House's masters. Once they go out to an outing, they needed the Grandmasters to follow them which would be no different from decreasing the forces that were preparing an ambush around them. He thought about all this in his mind but hesitated to tell anyone.

With the knowledge that the Second Lady hated clever people, he knew that if he said it she would have thought that he was showing off his intelligence. This would cause him to earn her scorn.