C37 The Circumstance

Chu Li suppressed his urge of killing the monk and returned to Chong Ming Town.

It was the late evening, and the lights around town were just beginning to light up. He returned to the residence and noticed the bright, warm atmosphere. Numerous gentle giggles could be heard, and it was soothing to his ears.

Chu Li smiled.

He was glad that he could hear them laugh like this. He hoped that they would find their way and live their own lives as soon as possible.

Just as he stepped into the outer edges of the residence, Lee Yue burst out and held onto him.

"Brother! You're back!"

Chu Li smiled.

"Is everything done?"

"Yes! They are!"

Lee Yue wiped the sweat from his forehead. He put up a bitter smile.

"If you had reached any later, I might have died of fatigue!"

Chu Li smiled.

"Was it that bad?"

"All of them..are they my great aunts!? It's actually impressive! Not even one of them is easy to deal with!"

Lee Yue waved his hands as if he were avoiding snakes.

"And they know martial arts too!"

Chu Li replied.

"They're way too mean!"

A thousand sorrows could be felt coming from Lee Yue's expression.

"They rip at me if I say even one thing wrong. All of them start going on and on and I actually become dizzy! I really have to go..brother! I can't leave the East Garden alone!"

Chu Li laughed.

"I wanted to get you a nice and easy job, with all those pretty ladies surrounding you! How much more beautiful could this job be?"

"My general quota for luck is incredibly low! I can't take this anymore! You do it! It's better that you did it!"

Lee Yue cowered as his hands and head were shaking in fear.

"Very well, you can return to the East Garden. I'll stay here for tonight."

Chu Li said.

Lee Yue gave him a strange look.

"You really want to stay here?"

"Mhmm."

Chu Li nodded.

"It's my own house, can I not stay here?"

"Can you handle all those ladies by yourself?"

"Get out of here, I'm not that filthy!"

Chu Li pushed him away.

"Hehe..."

Lee Yue found himself a chance and quickly left.

Zhao Ying walked in and whispered.

"How's it, Brother?"

Chu Li shook his head and he became gloomy.

"He ran away!"

"He ran away!?"

Zhao Ying' expression changed. She furrowed her brows.

"This isn't going to end well.."

The Temple of Tempest never failed in killing their targets, and now that they were in pursuit of Chu Li, his life was in danger.