C66 Zhichun

Young Du held onto the letter and entered the backyard. He then went to the front of the main hall and said softly.

"Greetings, Lady. There's a man outside who wants to see you. He has claimed that he's your younger cousin brother and he has a letter with him!"

"Come in," replied a woman. Her voice bright but sounded a little hoarse. Nevertheless, it was attractive.

"Yes," Young Du replied politely, and pushed the door open gently.

A delicate and pretty girl stood at the door and received the letter. She then passed it to the young lady who was sitting in the middle of the hall.

Chu Li used the Omniscient Mirror to take a look at this young lady.

She had fair and delicate skin, long eyebrows, almond-shaped eyes, a sharp nose and slightly thick, red lips a combination of innocence and sexiness.

Though there was a layer of pathetic bitterness over her eyebrows, she still looked very attractive.

Chu Li understood that she was the Chen Si Yu whom he needed to protect.

She was dressed in a plain, white gown. Her hair was styled up with a white flower on it indicating that one of her family members had recently passed away.

She read the one-page letter, and she smiled.

"Yue Er, it's my younger cousin brother, Chen Li. Quickly, bring him in!" Chen Si Yu said as she returned the letter into its envelope.

"Yes, Lady." Yue Er replied brightly, and went out to the door of the main hall.

Chu Li was waiting outside, with his hands crossed behind his back.

Yue Er looked at him from top to toe, and asked, "You are Master Li?"

Chu Li responded with a fist salute. "You are?

"I am Lady Chen's maid, Yue Er. Master Li, please follow me!" Yue Er smiled. She noted Chu Li is full of youthful vigor and behaved with a serene composure. Safe to say she had a good impression of Chu Li.

Chu Li followed Yue Er through the front courtyard, and entered on the side to arrive at the backyard before reaching the front of the main hall.

Chen Si Yu was at the stairs waiting, looking tall and elegant. The sun may have been shining on her, but it was still not able to chase away the sorrow on her face.

Chu Li greeted with a fist salute, "nice to see you, Cousin Sister."

Chen Si Yu forced a smile, and observed Chu Li. "Cousin Brother, why are you here?"

Chu Li sighed helplessly, "I am here to seek shelter. My parents passed away and I do not know how to earn a living so I have come in search of you! I hope that you will be able to offer shelter for me."

"Since you are here, you might as well stay and think of what to do next," Chen Si Yu nodded her head.

"Yue Er, find my cousin brother a place to stay."

"How about the Perfume Courtyard?"

"That's fine." Chen Si Yu nodded. "Tell the kitchen to prepare a reception to welcome my cousin brother."

"Will do," Yue Er replied crisply. She turned her head to Chu Li and smiled, "Master Li, please follow me."

Chen Li gave a fist salute to Chen Si Yu. He followed Yue Er passing through a garden, and entered a small courtyard through a moon shaped door.

Yue Er smiled and said, "Master Li, Lady Chen stayed here quite a while ago. You will be staying here from now on."

Chu Li smiled, "thank you."