C19 Awe-Inspiring

Zhao Ying clenched her teeth and tried to maintain her position. She began to feel hopeless when knives started to strike from every single direction, possibly taking her life. Chu Li was still behind her. Could it be that both of them were to die right then and there?

She quickly cleared her jumbled thoughts, and concentrated on her swordplay instead. She tried to strike whenever chances presented itself. Every moment she stayed still counted as a victory.

"Brother! You go ahead!" Zhao Ying shouted.

Chu Li sighed. He drew his sword from its scabbard, and pushed himself into the air. He rushed down from above like a hawk aiming for its prey, with his sword flashing like a strike of lightning.

"Ahahahah!" A chain of screaming can be heard, Zhao Ying immediately felt a sudden release of stress as she quickly turned and saw Chu Li striking from the sky like a demon. His sword was flashing lightning, every spark brought someone down.

In a split second, she had not even made her third move, and everyone was already on the ground, except for both Chu Li and Zhao Ying, who remained standing.

"Brother.."

Zhao Ying was startled.

Chu Li stabled himself with the sword once more, and looked an even deadlier shade of pale.

"Let's go, let's not stay here for too long."

"Got it!" Zhao Ying nodded.

She needed not for Chu Li's reminder this time around. She held her sword and stabbed the people on the floor, one by one. She supported Chu Li up his horse and the both of them continued their journey past the boundary of the Raging Tigers.

As they left the vicinity of the Raging Tigers, Zhao Ying let out a deep breath. She turned towards Chu Li, who was not getting any better.

"Chu Li, let's look for a place to rest. We're now out of their territory. We need not fear any more attempts of robbery."

"We'll have to go a little further, they might catch up"

"Can you make it ?"

"Not a problem."Chu Li smiled.

Zhao Ying shook her head, this was not normal fatigue. He was definitely hurt, he probably used a secret technique that stimulated one's capacity, and he was suffering from the aftermath! Especially that last round, he definitely used the secret technique again, and he was really feeling the consequences of it.

She blamed herself for it. She was incompetent. Her skills in martial arts were low. She did not even do her job right as a Protector, and even became a burden, such a humiliation!

Chu Li smiled.

"Zhao Ying, don't blame yourself. You can't help to be weak or strong in martial arts, what you can do now is to simply cultivate well."

"Hmm." Zhao Ying lowered her head.

"You haven't even grasped the true mysteries of Swallow Reversal. You might as well observe and analyze a swallow, or some other birds on how they move and fly, you may be enlightened by the experience."

Chu Li said.

"Right!" Zhao Ying lifted her head and wore an excited expression. "I should observe a swallow!"

Chu Li smiled.

"There will be chances to do so."

Two of them were talking for quite the long time, and travelled on for many miles. They finally decided to rest beneath a tree.