C47 Secrets

He could feel that the Glory's Will Tree was growing steadily; its roots were slowly extending to all sides and will soon join together with the other trees. Their spiritual energies and roots will intertwine to become one, further accelerating the growth.

The trees were planted separately in different corners of the courtyard southeast, southwest, and south forming a triangle The Glory's Will Tree was in the middle of the triangle, with a distance of 12 meters.

Chu Li sensed that it will only take two days for The Glory's Will Tree to complete its rooting. With the spiritual energy support from the other three trees, it will no doubt grow incredibly fast and will begin to sprout after 10 days.

Right now, it still looked like a wilted branch, without any vital sign.

Xue Ling glanced at the branch whenever she walked by serving the dishes. She shook her head, not understanding why Chu Li was so fixated on it. Planting trees was still acceptable, but she could not fathom sticking a wilted branch into the ground and treating it like a baby and staring at it.

She laid out all the dishes on the stone table in the gazebo, and came to Chu Li, "Master, the food is ready."

Chu Li waved his hand in acknowledgment.

He was in the midst of sensing the Glory's Will Tree, and suddenly realized that it not only absorbed the three trees' spiritual energies, but was faintly breathing on its own and exhaling its energy into the air. This trace of exhaled energy differed and was purer than any other energy he had encountered before. As the three trees at each corner took in the Glory's Will Tree's exhaled energy, Chu Li could feel their vigor growing and strengthening.

Deep in his own thoughts, he was unaware that time was ticking by.

Fifteen minutes later, Xue Ling looked at Chu Li and reminded softly, "Master, the dishes are getting cold!"

Chu Li turned his head and glared at her. Xue Ling was not intimidated, and looked back at him defiantly, her eyes round and bright.

"You" Chu Li sighed and shook his head. He stood up and patted the soil away from his hands.

Xue Ling brought over a basin of water and Chu Li rinsed his hands clean before walking into the gazebo. He picked up the jade chopsticks and said to Xue Ling, "If you did not sleep enough, go take an afternoon nap."

"Alright," answered Xue Ling as she poured away the basin of water. She entered the gazebo and stood quietly beside him. She smelled nice.

Chu Li took a small bite, and sipped some wine, thinking about the pure spiritual energy he felt earlier. He wondered if he was able to use the Glory's Will Tree's spiritual energy to help him cultivate, purify and strengthen his own inner energy.

His mood lightened up thinking about it, and finished his wine in one gulp. Xue Ling filled his cup again with wine.

"Hey, you are eating!" Su Ru pushed the door and walked in, her apricot gown flowing along with her movements as she walked up into the gazebo. Casting a glance at the stone table, she commented, "that looks like a sumptuous meal!"

Chu Li smiled and asked, "Have you eaten, Chief?"

Su Ru waved her hand lightly, and answered, "I just finished actually. I came by to take a look at The Glory's Will Tree." She walked over to where the wilted branch was planted and observed it.

Furrowing her brows, she asked, "is it alive?"

Chu Li smiled, "yes, you will be able to see it tomorrow."

"Will there be any complications?" Su Ru was trying to analyze it, but no matter how she looked at it, it still looked like a wilted branch without any chance of survival.