C76 Chased Out

Chu Li put down the teacup and sighed.

"You're loyal to Gu Litong but he's just treating you like a dumb dog. I'm sure you've realized this, haven't you?"

"It doesn't matter what it is. I can't betray him!"

Zhou Yuting scoffed.

"Why is it betrayal? Think about this. With Gu Litong pulling all these stunts, will the West Garden ever become great? There'll definitely be consequences! He's able to just off a nice and fresh Moonlight Orchid just like that. What is he not willing to do? There isn't a wall in the world that doesn't have a crack. What if Master Siao snapped at something that happened down the line because of Gu Litong? What will happen to you?"

Zhou Yuting's expression changed.

If Master Siao got angry, he would definitely feel that wrath.

"Did Gu Litong ever think about you when he's doing these kinds of things? He thinks that the world revolves around him. He believes that you ought to treat him well but he doesn't believe the inverse to be true. He doesn't care about you. It's just a bunch of nonsense, isn't it?"

Chu Li said.

Zhou Yuting was speechless again.

Chu Li was correct. Gu Litong had never actually stopped to care about Zhou Yuting. He only made things hard for Zhou Yuting. He only served as a prop to Gu Litong.

Chu Li continued.

"If today was just you keeping secrets from him as usual, you could maybe hide it for the rest of your life but it's different now. I'm forcing you to choose. Do you want to pick someone whom you love that loves you back, or do you want to rot with Gu Litong? Everyone knows what they should do if they were normal."

"But"

Zhou Yuting furrowed his brows.

Chu Li waved off his hand.

"Besides, didn't you want to be a righteous man? With Gu Litong and his little crazy stunts, you should be clear as to which part of West Garden you should be loyal to. Gu Litong Gu, or Master Siao? Could it be that Gu Litong is more important than Master Siao himself?"

Chu Li sipped some more tea.

"If you keep hiding the truth, you're just being disloyal to Master Siao!"

He waved off his hand again and stopped Zhou Yuting. He continued on.

"You betrayed Master Siao and gave up on the woman of your life just for that bastard? Don't you think that it's a little funny!?"

Zhou Yuting did not say a word.

"Brother Zhou Yuting can be righteous and tell the truth. You can be the man this time. Not only Miss Yu Jiao, but this whole residence will be yours too. Take this as warm regards from me."

Chu Li continued to push.

"Hmph, your regards are quite costly!"

Zhou Yuting scoffed.

Chu Li smiled.

"But I still have to clear this up. I can give the residence for free, but the money I spent to redeem Yu Jiao is not. You can pay me back in ten years. Ten thousand every year isn't so bad."

"Twenty years!"

Zhou Yuting proposed.

He was only rank eight and he was not even a Protector. He could only take the money from home, but ten thousand taels a year was still too much.