C33 Taking Action

Zhao Ying's pretty face turned sour. She creased her brows and watched the shattered rock pieces, and then turned nervously to face Chu Li. "Senior, could the girls be in danger?"

Chu Li shook his head.

He had already looked inside with his "Omniscient Mirror" spell. All the 150 girls inside the cave were untouched. They were sitting at the grand hall, looking downwards, mumbling prayers with their palms held together.

He saw an old monk. He was wearing a grey cloak, and had a scar on the top of his head. He was big in size, and looked fearsome. He sat opposite to the group of girls, his mouth reciting the prayers too.

Through the "Omniscient Mirror", he could see that the old monk's veins were glowing. It was a sign that he was a very skilful pro, and his inner strength was cultivated close to the max. The monk's powers were vastly superior compared to his own. He would not be an easy opponent.

"Is that maestro inside?" Zhao Ying asked.

Chu Li gave a single nod.

Zhao Ying appeared worried, "He didn't do anything to hurt them, right?"

"Not as far as I can see... Come, let's go in." Chu Li took a big step into the cave, soon he was standing right in front of the magnificent Raging Tiger hideout.

The old monk suddenly opened his eyes, his vision as sharp as a blade. It would had sent a cold chill down a person's spine. His eyes glanced across the girls once, and then he walked outside towards the grand hall. When he reached the base of the mountain, he raised his head and saw Chu Li.

Chu Li stood at high ground and watched him. He held his fists together and said, "I wonder who you are, monk. Why did you trespass into this place?"

"I am an ordinary monk, with a kind soul." The old monk mumbled a word of prayer, and stared coldly at Chu Li, "It makes me wonder too, what are you two here for?"

Chu Li answered, "We are Scribes from the Yi Dynasty's Federal Government. We just happened to stumble upon this place by accident. We saw that there were a gang of criminals around here, hence we are here to carry out our duties. We will get rid of these baddies, and save the girls."

Once he knew this monk's identity, he pulled out the sophisticated government terms to make an excuse.

"It was you who made that big hole in front of Raging Tiger cave?" The monk's eyes beamed, as bright as an electrical pulse.

"Chu Li nodded, "Not bad."

"You're young but you already possess great power, I am truly impressed!" He said slowly. "This time around, I came by with the intention to advise them to stop advocating evil and start doing good. Too bad they are already gone with the wind, I was a few steps behind. What a shame!"

Chu Li smiled, "Sir you have great advices, but too bad they don't have the privilege to hear you out."

"If you excuse me, I sincerely think that they should be given a chance to rid their bad behaviours, and start fresh in life."

"Sir I believe I have to disagree. You say give them a chance, but had they ever given a chance for their victims to live? Such a great deal of evil, even God cannot forgive them!"

"Amitbha. Do you believe in karma or reincarnation? For every consequence, there is a cause."

"Do you mean that those victims who died deserved to die?... Then the same logic applies to those murderers!"

Zhao Ying cut them off impatiently. "My dear monk, please step aside. I need to see my sisters inside there."

The monk brought his palms together and smiled, "The girls have already repented to Buddha. They are purged of their sins and freed from their sufferings. It's all good news."