C30 The Provocation

"Pa!" The chopsticks that Zhuo Feiyang was holding snapped into two.

Bai Zhijie was startled. He asked in a low voice, "Sir?"

Zhuo Feiyang looked gloomy. He nodded in response, "Let's go, we leave!"

"Have you finished eating, Sir?" Bai Zhijie asked. The whole table of dishes were untouched. What a waste, these servings certainly do not come cheap!

Zhuo Feiyang stood up and moved towards Su Ru. He brought together his fists and bowed as a mean of saying goodbye. Su Ru gently waved him away, signaling that they could leave.

Zhuo Feiyang gave Chu Li a mean stare before turning away and leaving.

Su Ru was all smiles as she watched Zhuo Feiyang and his companion leave.

Chu Li sighed: "Chief, you just have to cause more problems eh?"

A smirk flashed across Su Ru's face, as she replied, "Now that makes it more interesting, don't you think? Chu Li, if you still can't beat Zhuo Feiyang to his game, I'm afraid I have to call you a fool!"

"Chief, relationships between opposite genders aren't always easy, it's complicated."

"It's you who always overthinks, ... alright, cut the long talk, you just go and win Zhao Ying back!"

"That I can assure you. Zhuo Feiyang is not a good guy. I won't let Zhao Ying seek her own end!"

"Zhuo Feiyang is a selfish man, he cares about nothing but himself. All that he is good for is his wealth. Whoever that has him as a companion is bound to suffer! Tomorrow I will buy off these two shop lots, and then we proceed with our plans."

'Thank you, Chief."

"You shall settle this matter promptly. And quickly prepare for the soul field. Now that is a big thing!"

"Yes."

7 days were gone in a flash.

It was noon. The sun shone brightly above. In contrast, the town was rather empty. The scorching heat of the Sun made people avoid going outdoors, as they preferred staying in the shade.

Chu Li invited Zhao Ying to visit the two shop lots with her. The two of them had their inner chi protecting their bodies, hence they were not afraid of the heat.

The two shop lots were now connected as the walls separating them had been taken down. The interior design was also refurbished as a restaurant. The two stepped in and looked around the place. Zhao Ying seemed very delighted, as the space was wide and adequate.

After a round of survey, the two retraced their steps and exited. They chatted as they strolled along the street, both appearing at ease.

Then they arrived at a narrow alley. As they took the turn, they saw a man in green standing in the middle of Green Rock Road. The man was facing away from them, his figure slender.

At first glance, Chu Li could already make out that he was Zhuo Feiyang. Zhao Ying had a similar thought too, as her eyebrows creased.

These few days, Zhuo Feiyang had looked everywhere for her. She had intentionally avoided going out, just to escape his sights. But who would have thought that Zhuo Feiyang had followed her here. What a nuisance.

Chu Li did not stop in his steps. Zhao Ying could do nothing but to follow.

When they were close enough, Zhuo Feiyang slowly turned around, and set his sight on Zhao Ying, giving her a cold stare.

"What are you doing out here, Zhuo Feiyang? Were you waiting for me?"

"I am not waiting for you!" Zhuo Feiyang shifted his cold stare onto Chu Li: "I am waiting for you, Chu!"