C36 The Exorcist

Chu Li furrowed his eyebrows and nodded his head.

He had already activated the Omniscient Mirror. The monk was definitely a cunning one. He immediately ate the secret herb without hesitation, stimulating the potential of his whole body. His power multiplied and the Sentience Menace was pushed to its full power. It glowed a purplish-gold shade.

The Sentient Menace had thirty-six different methods of cultivation. It was separated into six layers; cultivating the skin, flesh, tendon, meridian, bones and the marrow.

The first layer appeared as a golden color while the second layer was a purplish-gold color. Once the purplish-golden light appeared, the Sentient Menace was now not pierceable, nothing could bypass it now.

"Amitabha Buddha..." The monk chanted. His anger and killing intent subsided and like a leaf, he descended upon Chu Li, his hands in an open palm strike.

Chu Li turned around and left.

He had the Infinite Sea of Azure which could multiply his power. As the strongest sect in the world, it was only expected that the Temple of Tempest would not be lacking in any martial arts technique. However, none of them had the scripture of Life and Death and so Chu Li did not put too much time into practicing the technique. Even if he had practiced it, he would not dare to use it freely. But facing a life and death situation, he naturally stopped caring about it.

The power of the monk multiplied and he used the Mountain's Thrusting Palm. Chu Li did not plan on taking any damage so early in the fight so he avoided it for good measure.

"Where are you going!?" The monk shouted in anger as he took a large step, and just like a meteor soaring across the sky, he appeared right behind Chu Li in an instance. The monk's outstretched palm looked as if the attack would be slow, but in a split second, it had landed at his back.

Chu Li managed to dodge the attack and rushed towards the woods.

The monk followed closely, his movements fast and his palm struck out at lightning speed. Chu Li barely avoided his strikes and in just a few moments, they had already traveled ten miles.

Chu Li whizzed through the forest, using the trees as a defense. The trees were the width of a wrist and hence the monk broke through it easily with his astonishing strength. Everywhere he went, there would be more than twenty trees around him left broken in half.

With a mad expression on his face, the monk glowed a purplish-gold looking akin to an angry Buddist arhat. His vigor was strong and powerful, as if he had vanquished dragons and tigers.

Chu Li knew that he would not remain powerful for long. No matter how much of a miracle that magical herb he ate was, he would not last for too long. Hence why Chu Li was patiently spending the time to dodge around.

As the Infinity Sea of Azure enters the third layer, his meridians started to hurt.

He quickly took out a porcelain bottle, and consumed two pills of the Torso Refiner.

As soon as the Torso Refiner entered his stomach, it transformed into fresh spiritual energy circulating in his meridians and repaired all the minor damages.

Chu Li continued to use his Light-body Technique, all the while glad that he had the Torso Refiner and was able to last longer. Now he would just have to figure out how to further waste the monk's time and see who would last until the end.

The two of them had already chased each other for more than fifty miles. As they neared the forest exit, the monk made a swift turn and disappeared in front of Chu Li in a split second.