C73 Real or Fake

It was already midnight by the time Chu Li reached the Public House.

He first returned to the East Garden. The boat reached shore, and he hit the ancient jade xylophone. The sound reverberated throughout the island in an instant.

After a moment, Lee Yue, in his pajamas, rushed out with his messy hair. His eyes had not even opened entirely as he saw Chu Li. Lee Yue impolitely stared at Chu Li as he shook his head.

"And here I was wondering who it was!"

Chu Li smiled, "Brother Lee, it's been such a long time!"

"Ha...brother, you're finally back!" Lee Yue sighed.

Chu Li arched his eyebrows.

Lee Yue talked while they were on their way back, "If you took any longer, it would've been really bad!"

"What's going on?" Chu Li activated the Omniscient Mirror and scanned the East Garden. Nothing was out of the ordinary; the plants were still fine, and all of them were vigorous and growing well.

Lee Yue sighed, "Something happened to the Moonlight Orchid that had been sent to the West Garden!"

The two of them went to the courtyard and sat beside the stone table.

Chu Li lit up the lanterns, so much so that it made the courtyard look as if it was still morning.

Lee Yue scoffed, "After you left, something happened to the Moonlight Orchid in the West Garden, so I went to have a look. It indeed looked like it was actually wilting. It was like it was almost going to die at any moment! Gu Litong is trying to save it, but hasn't come up with anything yet."

"It's been a month, they still haven't wilted?"

"Gu Litong dragged out its lifespan till' now? He's not as useless as I thought he was."

"I'll check on it tomorrow."

"What do you mean tomorrow? Go now!"

"Now?" Chu Li shook his head, "Half a day doesn't make a difference."

Lee Yue widened his eyes.

"Brother, if the Moonlight Orchid really died, Master Siao will be furious! I heard that he really likes the flower!"

Chu Li smiled, "Third Lady is indeed powerful, but she still needs to listen to Master Siao. If she ever provoked Master Siao, it'll end in a total disaster!"

Lee Yue let out a little smile.

"What did Gu Litong say?"

"He?" Lee Yue twitched his mouth, "He said that the pot may have come directly from the Moonlight Island, since it only had a lifespan of a month!"

Chu Li squinted his eyes and scoffed. What a vicious thought!

Lee Yue slammed his hands on the table, "What does he mean by that!? Is he saying that all the Moonlight Orchids we grew were taken from Moonlight Island? How dare he!"

"Is there any news from Master Siao?"

"Master Siao didn't say a thing, but Gu Litong said you wanted to hide from your mistake so you ran away!" Lee Yue said through his clenched teeth.

Chu Li scoffed, "Gu Litong'

"He believes he could do anything he wanted just because he has a good father!" Lee Yue spat, "They're better off not letting me see him, or else I'd really teach him something new!"

Gu Litong had always relied on his High Official father. He dared to speak in an unrestrained manner and purposely offended a lot of people. No one could do anything to him due to the restrictions of the Public House, and he had been arrogant up until this point.