C48 Scripture Chanting

Chu Li saw Su Ru out, and when he returned, Xue Ling had taken away the dishes to warm them up again and only left two to go with the wine.

Chu Li smiled and shook his head. Xue Ling may come across as cold and proud, but she is truly meticulous and good in her work and he could only adapt to it.

Shortly, Xue Ling served the dishes once more, they were piping hot and smelled good.

Chu Li put down his wine cup and started eating, thinking about the Sentient Menace while he was doing so.

Xue Ling washed up the plates and returned to his side. Chu Li suddenly asked her," Xue Ling, do you know any Buddhist Austerities?"

She shook her head, "no, I don't."

"Can you read, then?"

"Yes, of course!"

"Can you read Buddhist Scriptures?"

Xue Ling nodded, "maybe? But Master, I do not believe in Buddhism!"

Ever since her father was killed, she stopped believing in Buddha. Her mother was a religious Buddhist, even praying to Buddha at home and burnt incense and recited Buddhist scriptures on a daily basis.

Xue Ling never batted an eye and did not bother at all. If Buddha was really so great with magical powers, He would not have let someone as good-willed as her father to meet a violent death.

Karma is supposed to be where kindness always begets kindness, and there will be retribution for your comeuppance, but these are all nonsense to her!

Chu Li said, "get me a copy of Scripture of Titanium."

"... alright." Xue Ling was puzzled, but she did not pry further.

In today's world, the art of martial skills was flourishing. Those who practice Buddhism is said to be thriving as well, and is fast catching up and overtaking the Taoists. The Deer Cliff's martial art skills were mysterious and difficult to comprehend, while The Temple of Tempest was better famed for not knowing bounds!

Because of that, there were many Buddhists out there hence it should be easy to get a copy of the Scripture of Titanium. She just had to round the island once and would surely find a copy.

She did just that and returned to the gazebo, and handed the scripture in both hands to Chu Li.

Accepting it, Chu Li glanced at it. He nodded. This is very common scripture which can be found easily. He gave it back to Xue Ling, "read it to me."

Xue Ling looked at him, took the scripture and started to read from it.

"Just like what I have heard"

Chu Li listed to her quietly. She read fluently and was steady in her speed, her voice clear and melodious. She was enjoyable to hear.

She finished reading. Chu Li smiled, "not bad!"

Xue Ling gave him a puzzled look, not understanding what he is trying to say.

"Xue Ling, when I cultivate later, please stand on the side and read out the scripture for me."

"Wouldn't that disturb you?"

"Don't worry, just read it!"

Xue Ling nodded her head lightly in acknowledgment.

Chu Li smiled and continued, "You better prepare some spirit herbs and make tea to soothe your throat for later."

"Will do," Xue Ling got up and left to prepare.