C49 Stick Beating

Xue Ling woke up the next morning and realized that the sun was already up. She got out of bed and entered the small courtyard. Chu Li was already practicing his swordsmanship there.

The way he swung his sword was incredibly fast, like lightning, but without a hint of sound. If he were to ambush somebody with this technique, he would have most definitely succeeded.

Xue Ling felt a bit uneasy upon seeing Chu Li, she blushed and dashed into the kitchen.

Her cultivation from last night has improved; the effects from the Eight Forms were more effective. It is truly important to get proper guidance and advice from a teacher Chu Li only used the scabbard to hit her three times, and her cultivation results almost doubled!

Chu Li spotted her lowering her head dashing into the kitchen. He chuckled and did not stop his practice.

The door to the small courtyard was pushed open. Clad in an apricot color gown, Su Ru walked in and sized up Chu Li's swordsmanship.

She smiled, "That's fast! You could be catching up with Lady Siao already!"

Chu Li did not even pause for a bit, he laughed and said, "Yes, it's fast. But Lady Siao is still faster, and I still have a long way to catch up!"

He was not being humble. He realized that upon reaching a limit in his sword speed, he was unable to move faster; which is why he will not be able to beat Siao Qi in it.

"Of course!" Su Ru laughed. "Lady Siao's Scripture of Sword cultivation is legendary and abstruse. What you saw was just the Brilliant Haste. Being fast is just a part of it there is more to it that you have yet to see. As such, common sword skills are deemed useless to her nor will it have much effect on her."

"The Brilliant Haste" Chu Li stopped his practice suddenly and sheathed his sword. The sword flashes around him stopped altogether. He returned to the gazebo and hung the sword back on its pole.

"Cutting the threads of carnal love with the Brilliant Haste swordthe phrase ideated from this, right?"

"Indeed," Su Ru smiled. "The Brilliant Haste focuses on one's spiritual opening, which is above and beyond sword skill levels. Sighthere really is no point in discussing this unless you experienced it yourself first."

Chu Li pondered.

"The Glory's Will Tree should be up today, right?" Su Ru asked.

She had not eaten yet, but she could not wait to take a look at the tree. She walked towards it and observed it in detail.

Chu Li held out his hand, dug and loosen the soil slightly to show the roots. He pointed to a delicate sprout on it, "do you see it now?"

There was a delicate, young, bright green sprout, seemingly full of vigor and vitality.

Su Ru widened her eyes in joy, "It is alive!"

Chu Li laughed, "congratulations!"

"It's a shame that this effort will not help you rank up" Su Ru shook her head, sighing. "Lady Siao will compensate you for this when the chance presents itself!"

Chu Li waved his hand, and smiled saying, "I will be seeking more attention if I rise any higher in my ranking."

He was already the youngest around to achieve Rank Six at his age. Any further up will attract unwanted attention.

He understood that the technique Aunt Yueling bestowed on him was a form of reward from Lady Siao. The Sentient Menace is considered the most highly regarded skill of Temple of Tempest, and its value could not be measured.