C38 Leanne Xue

The two of them walked out of the Tower of Gazing. Chu Li could tell that Su Ru was rather unhappy.

"Chief, if I stay in the Public House, they won't be able to raise their hands against me!"

He smiled and said.

"You can't possibly be planning to stay in the Public House forever, are you?"

Her anger showed through her tone.

"Even though you're an Scribe."

"I'll lay low for a little and it'll die down, I'm sure of it. It'll all be alright. The Temple of Tempest is a busy temple. They won't bother spending their time to kill me."

"You're clearly incorrect!"

Su Ru furrowed her dark brows.

"These monks are a little stubborn. The second they decide on something, they'll get it done! Everyone that they had wanted to kill is now dead. Don't be ridiculous, and don't you dare leave the Public House!"

"Is the town safe?"

"The town is safe, yes."

Su Ru hesitated.

"They still have rules to follow, they usually won't cause trouble in town. But you're still better off staying in the Public House!"

"That's a relief..."

Chu Li smiled.

Su Ru sighed.

"You're really a troublemaker, aren't you, Chu Li? You went and offended the Temple of Tempest! This is just going to spawn a mountain of trouble, I tell you!"

Chu Li had spread out his hands.

"I can't help it, Chief. I'll always feel like helping those powerless around me. If I hadn't destroyed the Raging Tiger myself, I wouldn't be able to face my own conscience!"

"Hah..fine. Let's go."

Su Ru was at her wit's end. She had nothing else to add. He was indeed doing the right things, but those types of people were never treated well. The world was already unfair as it was.

The two of them passed through the thick forest. There was a small courtyard behind the trees.

There were a total of twelve small courtyards. They were all equally distanced, allowing each court to be functionally isolated, so as to not disturb each other. All of them had sufficient personal space, with designs that were quite creative.

Su Ru brought him to the middle of one of them.

"This is the guest room to Lady Siao's place."

Su Ru pointed at the flurry of courtyards.

"They were initially used for her friends, but since it's been so rarely used nowadays, it has become quite quiet here. No one really comes here anymore."

"It looks pretty good."

Chu Li had a good look around the place.

The courtyards were in the middle of the woods. It was very hidden and quiet. Chu Li enjoyed these types of ambiances the most. The aura here was vigorous, and the air was fresh.

"Have a look at this one! What do you think?"

Su Ru opened the door to one of the courtyards. To the west was a bamboo forest with a pagoda next to it. To the east was a parterre with a pond of fishes within it. He was able to enjoy the scenery of the bamboo forest whilst he was in the pagoda. There were also plants, fishes, and insects all over. It was tranquil, at least.