C98 Alliance

At Zhao Jing Hai Town's Defence Prefecture's backyard.

The bright moon was hanging in the sky, bathing the place in a gentle moonlight. The backyard was quiet and peaceful.

Gu Litong was sitting in the octagonal pagoda grabbing onto a cup of beer, slowly drinking it to keep him away from depression and his hopeless situation.

He was sitting alone, cold and quiet. There were no friends, no enemies. He had nowhere else to go other than the backyard.

Even if he left the backyard, there was nothing to see in Zhao Jing Hai Town. It was completely different from Chongming. It was like going to a poor village off the side of the countryside.

The public opinion had been very tight. Hu Ren Public House was running all over, and he would have been in danger if he went out of the backyard. He stayed inside the Town Defense Prefecture, living between life and death, without a purpose.

Cleaning up the plants was the only great talent that he could use to be employed. He took good care of the rare plants in the Public House, and tidying up the plants here was of no effort to him.

"Sigh" He released a long, drawn breath.

He felt that he had done enough this life. He made Master Siao angry, and as a result was banished from the Public House. He stayed in the Town Defense Prefecture only because of the Third Lady's kindness. He did not want to put his own life in danger, of course. He also did not want to be used to as a pawn to attack the Public House.

He was no longer able to return, no matter what.

He thought of the days when he was still in the Public House. He had nice clothes to wear and nice food to eat; He finally been through everything and was able to enjoy this life, but now he lived his life in hiding. He felt really bored staying alive.

"Looks like you're in a good mood, Brother Gu Litong!" A green shadow flashed, and Chu Li appeared in the pagoda. He was wearing a green robe with a long sword hanging around his waist. He took his seat to the opposite of Gu Litong.

Gu Litong furrowed his brows and stared at him, "Why have you come over here?"

Chu Li smiled, "Have you been doing these days, Brother Gu Litong?"

"Are you really worried about me?" Gu Litong laughed coldly, "You are just checking if I've escaped."

"Where can you even go right now?" Chu Li could not control his laughter, "Brother Gu is a clever person. I'm not worried about that."

"Here comes that someone who finds you when he needs something!" Gu Litong scoffed, "You're now Third Lady's favorite toy. You must be very busy! How do you have the extra time to come and find someone as useless as me!"

Chu Li smiled, "You looked kind of down. Did you feel that your life was hopeless?"

"What do you think?" Gu Litong scoffed in response.

He was like a bottle being smashed into the ground, broken. He had already given up on himself.

"Enough, stop acting. Just get to the point!" Gu Litong continued in his cold tone.

Chu Li, however, was unfazed. He smiled, "I have a small favor and would like your help." He said.

"Just say it!" Gu Litong scoffed, "You think I'm in a position to refuse?"

"Help me plant a few types of herbs." Chu Li proposed.

"Spirit herbs?" Gu Litong furrowed his brows and looked at him, "What do you want to do with it?"