C27 Scripture of Sword

Of course she was familiar with Chu Li's background. Having grown up in the Temple of Autumn, he had been cultivating Buddhist austerities since he was a kid. Amongst his peers, he was the top.

Even though the Buddhist austerities of the Temple of Tempest are far more intense than the ones of the normal temples, Chu Li could probably handle it. Chu Li was someone who grew up with the edification of austerities. His understanding of Buddhist austerities were ranked far higher than most people. He might just be as good as the followers of the Temple of Tempest.

"The study of martial arts of the Temple of Tempest depends on one's austerities, the stronger they are, the faster and safer they cultivate. But practicing the study of the martial arts from the Temple of Tempest is still very dangerous. As soon as you feel like you're losing control of your killing intent, you should stop immediately!" Siao Qi warned.

Chu Li nodded and smiled as he said, "I'll be careful, see how it goes."

"There's no need to rush," Siao Qi waved her hand.

"The Sentient Menace is very hard to train. If you don't have the foundation of the Temple of Tempest, learning it would be slow."

Chu Li arched his eyebrows.

Su Ru smiled, "But if he actually completes it, it would be really amazing!"

Siao Qi glanced at her.

Su Ru quickly smiled, "But of course, it would really troublesome. If the people from the Temple of Tempest find out, they will definitely do something about it!"

"They'll paralyze me?"

"Of course!"

"Is that not a little too much?"

"They are generally 'too much'! But no one can oppose them. The other three sects don't stand a chance against them!"

"... I see," Chu Li nodded.

"I'll tread carefully. Has the Public House not tried to take them down?"

"It'd just be a waste of time and effort." Su Ru waved off her hands, "They aren't under our jurisdiction either. We'll let the Zhong Public House worry about them."

Chu Li furrowed his brows, "Can the Zhong's Public House deal with them?"

He did not believe it. The Public House was definitely weaker than the Temple. If it were stronger, the Temple would have already been taken down already. It mattered not how strong the Zhong Public House was. It was impossible to take the Temple down.

"There still exists check and balance."

Su Ru looked over to Siao Qi.

"The Temple of Tempest doesn't dare to burn bridges with the Public Houses. The Imperial Court still exists."

As powerful as the Temple of Tempest is, they would not dare to go against the imperial court alone. A temple opposing a whole dynasty? Even if they somehow win, the ramifications of that would be huge, and the other three sects would definitely seized the opportunity to take them down.

"Lady Siao! Are there any other martial arts resources related to the Temple in the Public House?"

"Chu Li, have you already thought it through and decide to learn it regardless?"

Chu Li nodded.

"I would like to see how exquisite the study of Temple of Tempest truly is."

"... Okay," Siao Qi nodded, "Follow me!"

Three of them boarded the boat and floated over to the Guardian of the Jade.

The lantern lights on the island were as bright as day. Under the shine of the lights, all the ornaments and painted buildings looked like they were of the shrine of a Goddess.