C10 The Harvesting

In the evening, Meng Qinlin sent him a seed of the Fairy's Beard. There was only a handful of them and each was the size of a grain of rice. The seeds almost look like they were made of crystal from their clear appearance.

This reminded him of something. In a month's time, whoever manages to grow the flower would win! However, if both of them manage to grow the flowers, the survival rate of the plants would act as the tie-breaker.Everyone would be given an equal of seeds, no more and no less.

Meng Qinlin patted Chu Li's shoulder before leaving, "Young Chu, don't mind about this competition too much."

Chu Li looked at him.

Meng Qinlin said, "This is but a false reputation. If you long for genuine achievements, you should not be dragged down by such a false goal. People like us need to have a calm heart. If we are not calm, we cannot go far!"

Chu Li smiled, "Thanks SirMeng Qinlin."

Conversations with him are very genuine. He was not treated as an outsider at all.

"Young Chu, you are very talented. What you need now is to calm your heart down, and not pursue victory as it is. People who work with plants can never compete for just a temporary advantage, as this will make your mind fickle and impatient. Don't be like Gu Litong!"

"Sir Meng, I am young, full of vum, and like fame too!" Chu Li smiled as he said.

Meng Qinlin shook his head, "Gu Litong loves fame and profit, only by fighting for fame and profit will inspire his strength and efforts. However, you are different. You can't go on the same path."

Chu Li wrapped his fist and solemnly said, "Thank you, Sir Meng."

There was not much difference between what him and Gu Litong felt deep within them. They both thought that they were unique and supreme in their own rights. The difference was that he had been through two lives, he hence could control his desires without showing them.

Gu Litong aimed to acquire fame and profit. On the other hand, Chu Li wanted power and authority; placing fame and profit aside.

Meng Qinlin patted on his shoulder, turned around and left.

Chu Li went to the lake to send Meng Qinlin off. He came back holding a bunch of seeds, trying to feel their vitality. Half of them were still energized, but the other half of them were almost dead.

He sat in the Moonlight Orchid parterre, balancing the aura of this batch of seeds. He waited for them all to be energized, then evenly spread them across the ground, covering them with a layer of soil.

He pressed the soil with his palm. Despite being separated by a thin layer of soil, he could still feel the seeds. He sighed in relief, and then realized that actually, the soil couldn't be separated itself from the plant.

He worked around for a bit and realized that in the radius of ten meters, he could establish a relationship with the seeds with the help of the land. He also tried to use his legs to exchange auras, and realized that it worked the same though he was using his hands. To be exact, the body part does not matter, therefore he could still exchange auras with the land even when he was lying on the floor.

He tried it over and over again, and found that it was the same with the other plants. He can conduct auras ten meters away throughout the land without even touching them.

At night, the moonlight shone clear as water, and the sky was dull.

In the Moonlight Orchid parterre,

Chu Li and Lee Yue sat around the rock table as they drank their tea. There was a small, red soil furnace making noise and releasing white smoke. A pleasant smell of the tea spread into the air.