C83 Strategy

Xue Linge looked at the long sword in her hand, "This sword..."

She took the sword to the boiler room, then threw it at a stump the size of a plate. "Chi!" It was cut into two by the sword.

Xue Linge looked at the stump, and then back at the sword. To withstand the sharpness of a long sword like that, showed just how remarkable the Sentient Menace move is!

Chu Li looked at her with a wide smile.

"Master, with this, aren't you invincible now?" Xue Linge followed up, "No weapons can harm you, what are you afraid of?"

Chu Li smiled, "I don't believe there is a skill move that can make someone invincible. If it was a mighty sword, I may not be able to withstand the damage. Similarly, if an innate master was to attack me, I won't be able to escape unharmed.

"How about, we try using a mighty sword?"

"And where can we get one?"

"I'll go meet the Chief!" Xue Linge darted outside.

Su Ru followed her into the small courtyard, an emerald green sword hanging on her slender waist. It made onlookers worried that her waist could not withhold the weight of that sword.

Chu Li gave her a fist salute and smiled, "To bring back the sword alone would be enough, why bring the Chief with you?"

"Why? Can I not come?" Su Ru slowly walked to him, and watched him intently, "You have mastered the second stage?"

Chu Li smiled, "The Art of White Tiger was really useful!"

"Take this!" Su Ru suddenly shouted, the sword emitted a flash as it was thrusted towards Chu Li's shoulder.

Chu Li did not move away to avoid the strike. The tip of the sword met with his shoulder, but it could not pierce through his skim. The spot where he was hit was only dented slightly, for about half an inch deep.

"Interesting!" Su Ru withdrew the sword and sheathed it. She glanced at his shoulder, "You could even absorb the impact!"

"After I've mastered the second stage, it made it flexible."

"But doesn't mean that you should cultivate all day and all night, right?" Su Ru asked with a warm smile. The sword on her waist let out another flash, as it struck Chu Li's shoulder.

Chu Li did not evade it. The tip of the sword still could not pierce through his skin.

"Eh, I know you've seen it coming, was that still the effects of the Sentient Menace move?" Su Ru asked curiously.

Chu Li smiled, "It was automatic, just like instinct."

He had possession of the Scripture of Life and Death and stored his inner energy within a hundred meters' range. With both the Blade of Eternity and those stored energy, killing him would not be an easy task, even for someone from the Temple of Tempest.

"That was truly remarkable. It was unlike any other cultivation techniques." Su Ru exclaimed in awe.

"It was the secret technique that the Temple of Tempest took pride in, of course it was unique."

"But you have just only mastered the second stage, there is still a long way to go!" Su Ru fixed a stare on him, pulling down his ego.

As far as she knew, most of the followers of the Temple of Tempest had only mastered the first stage. There were only few who mastered the second stage, and even fewer at the third stage. It was because the first stage alone was already useful enough.