C99 Assassination

Chen Jiu Deng stared at Chu Li. He furrowed his brows and was still quite doubtful about it.

He was scared of Chu Li because his study room was infiltrated without a sound. Chu Li was surely not a normal person.

He had twenty-eight Protectors in the Public House that were on duty. Even a bird felt it hard to enter the area. It was no effort for Chu Li to break in, but the thing was he infiltrated without a sound.

The Startling Cloud Association wanted to help him become the faction leader and even found out about Chen Xuefeng, so they needed to be sure that he would not be willing to be controlled as a puppet by them.

Chu Li smiled.

"We chose you because you can handle the Rockwell Association. Chen Xuefeng is a genius. I'm caring for the ones with ability on behalf of the faction leader, I can't bear to see him die! "

"Such a confident tone."

Chen Jiu Deng coldly said.

By his age and his position, he would not have believed anyone. Only three people knew of Chen Xuefeng existence. Himself, his wife, and the faction leader.

What if this was the Clan Leader and Chu Li was not from the Startling Cloud Association but was the faction leader's spy?

The faction leader may have been the one who set this up!

"A lot of people in the Rockwell Association want to be the leader of the association. The three other Clan Leaders must be interested as well. Just that it's such a shame for Chen Xuefeng."

Chu Li said.

"Is Chen Xuefeng now..?"

Chen Jiu Deng scoffed.

"They don't know we already found him out. We're very cautious about this. The Clan Leader plans on making them powerful."

Chu Li said.

"This is a big issue. Give me two days to think about it!"

Chen Jiu Deng muttered.

"You still don't believe me."

Chu Li smiled.

"Fine, I'll help you kill the ShangWu Association's faction leader first!"

Chen Jiu Deng looked at him, skeptical.

Chu Li smiled.

"Shang Clan's leader must be your opponent. I can help you out as a sign of good faith!"

After he finished, he disappeared from the study room in a flash.

Chen Jiu Deng hurried stood up and opened the door. He rushed to the courtyard to see where he went, but he only saw the darkness of twilight with no one in sight.

He felt as if Chu Li never existed, as if he had a dream.

"Guards! Guards!"

Chen Jiu Deng shouted.

A bunch of tidy and neat guards rushed to the scene and stood under the stairs, looking at Chen Jiu Deng.

A beautiful middle aged woman slowly walked over. She had an elegant posture and sweet gestures.

"Master, what happened?"

Chen Jiu Deng looked at everyone. All the Protectors were there and no one was harmed. It was obvious that they did not know Chu Li had infiltrated the place. He helplessly sighed and waved off his hand.

"It's nothing. Everyone, back to work!"

Everyone felt baffled as they left.

The middle-aged woman walked towards him and looked at him from top to bottom.